Lake County Fielders

Burmy

Y'know what this story needed? A mystery owner swooping in from the shadows.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'know what this story needed? A mystery owner swooping in from the shadows.

Hey y'alls I hear you have a baseWHAT THE :censored: ?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And if he's funneling cash into this and they still can't pay the rent or afford their road trip, that doesn't strike me as a long-term answer.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From the Edmonton Capitals' Twitter account (@EdmCapitals): "According to the @NALBaseball Facebook page, the @LCFielders are eliminated from the remainder of the 2011 season with schedule changes TBD"

From the Edmonton Capitals' Twitter account (@EdmCapitals): "According to the @NALBaseball Facebook page, the @LCFielders are eliminated from the remainder of the 2011 season with schedule changes TBD"

Interestingly, the referenced Facebook post no longer seems to exist.

Interestingly, the referenced Facebook post no longer seems to exist.

The tweet and the story on the NAL's website got tossed down the memory hole, too. No one knows if there's going to be a game tonight. This whole thing is something else.

Well, we've crossed another threshhold.

The Fielders intend to play all remaining (25) home dates scheduled in Zion, whether against teams in our current league or others, and we?ll have an announcement in the next two days regarding the teams we?ll be playing.

"Hey Fielders fans! Has your son or daughter ever wanted to play on a professional ball field? Well now they can - against a real professional team! Just bring four dozen new baseballs to Fielders Stadium for any scheduled home date, and your child's team will get the chance to play the pros in a full 9-inning game!"

This just officially became Bingo Kostner's Traveling All-Stars. Minus the traveling part, because that kinda costs money.

If ANYTHING... this makes the Coyotes seem well run...

This makes your average ABA team seem well run.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What boggles me is that there are still people who are standing by this fraud through thick and thin. Scores of "come on Fielders we love you not like those NAYSAYERS!!" posts on their facebook page. What did this team ever do for the community to develop so much equity and loyalty that this whole parade of false promises, half-truths, and outright scams is something to stand behind? The only conclusion I can come to, based on what you'd best believe is my extensive field research, is that people from this part of northern Lake County often aren't particularly bright. I wish I could say that at the very least, they just lack the time or interest to inform themselves on what's gone down, but there have been prominent skeptics since day one and those people have been roundly denounced by the true believers this whole time. Even today! It's gone from "well, some poor family from Round Lake Beach just wants to take their kids to a ballgame, let 'em" to some sort of inexplicable cult.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

One of the most vocal/blind Fielders supporters on the Facebook page, Charlotte Judah, lives in Alabama and admits she's never been remotely near a game. But her son plays on the team, so HOW DARE YOU. Hey, sugarlump; why don't you ask your kid how things went with his last paycheck? Roll Tide.

I think the cheerleaders are all people involved in the org somehow. Most of the "fans" now post on the Save the Fielders page. I love how they didn't play the first game of the series because they were in Illinois and then said we'll let you know about the next one. What, were they going to buy 20-25 Chicago to Hawaii plane tickets the day of the flight?!

This also reminds me of the NIFL days.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Washington Generals.

The Lake County Fielders, a minor league baseball team in Zion, IL, and the North American League have vowed to stay together -- with a twist for the remaining 2011 games. The League and its member teams, recognizing the high costs of air travel this summer coupled with a distressed economy, will adjust the current schedule for the remainder of the season, and provide all 10 League markets with the same professional baseball experience at an affordable cost for fans in each community.

For the Lake County Fielders, the plan includes a Monday announcement by the Fielders that the team will play many of its remaining home games against the newly formed Kenosha County Fielders, a team of professional minor leaguers that will challenge their Lake County counterparts when other League teams are not traveling into town. Further details on the Kenosha County Fielders will be announced over the next two days.

"The Fielders and the North American League are taking every creative measure necessary to support this market and stadium project, and keep professional baseball alive for Zion and the surrounding communities," said team spokesman Bernie DiMeo of DiMeo Communications. "We"ll continue what we started -- professional baseball in a family friendly environment at an affordable price. This little minor league team has made more comebacks this season than Rocky Balboa, and we're going to finish this marathon!"

oh bite me you crooks

Also, nice boxing/running mixed-metaphor.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived