Anaheim Ducks Re-branding

Patchey13

First off, I want to say that I definatly havent forgotten about the Knights concept, which you can find Here

I was doodling in class today when I remembered the old ducks prototype they released two seasons ago, and drew inspiration from it. Any colour scheme ideas?

ducks1.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think green is a no brainer for the color scheme. Yellow would make sense as would brown, but I would love to see you integrate indigo or blue in, because of their iridescent feathers.

Nice logo, by the way. It's a bit... pointy? I guess. The head and body shape look good, but the wings are a bit Third-Reich-ish. Also, you could make the triangle a bit larger.

Okay, im not quite sold on the colour scheme. I made some changes to the wings, and elongated the head slightly, to keep it from looking too much like the penguins.

ducks2.png

Bare in mind that I don't have the best quality colouring equipment :P

C & C please

I think putting green and yellow along with orange/bronze/brown is kind of...sickening. Two darker colors that go well with each other, like green and black or green and eggplant, paired with a bright color like yellow or orange, would look way better than anything with brown or bronze.

Well, Im off too school now, my goal is to come home with a secondary logo. Once the concept is up on the computer, I will be able to experiment with a few different colour schemes. Keep the comments coming guys, I really appreciate it

I would just figure out a way to use the current colour scheme they have now and use it on the logo. I think their current colours are quite nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

i think it needs to be more iconic, less detail and use a different shape in the background, it's very similar to the Thrashers. It's also very heavy on the right side.

How would I go about making it less detailed? Not trying to argue with you or anything, but it doesn't seem too detailed to begin with. As for the Thrashers thing, you are actually right, I intended to have a slightly rounded triangle.

maybe it's not necessarily less detail but, I'd make your lines more stylized and vary in thickness. Give the Duck some attitude (not too much though) A good question to ask yourself about logos is: "Will this look dated in say 10-15 years?" If so back to the drawing board. just some thoughts.

maybe it's not necessarily less detail but, I'd make your lines more stylized and vary in thickness. Give the Duck some attitude (not too much though) A good question to ask yourself about logos is: "Will this look dated in say 10-15 years?" If so back to the drawing board. just some thoughts.

Okay, thanks. It makes a bit more sense now. I played around with the logo, mostly just changing the shape in the back into a more obvious triangle, and simplified the feathers on the wings slightly.

ducks3.png

Thanks again for the feedback guys

I think the wing is what needs work: both the angle of the wing and the points at which the wing attach to the body. I'd use this picture as reference. It seems like a pretty good example of a smooth head/neck/wing transition.

You've got a good start, but as you keep working on this, be careful not to end up with something too much like GhettoFarmBoy's old Ducks concept. Good luck!

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I see what you mean, but since they are different angles, its kind of hard to adapt it. That picture is of a duck in mid- flight. while mine is in more of a taking off / landing position.

I made a few changes on what I think you were suggesting, I broadened the wing base, and also made the head slightly taller, since it was looking a little too narrow.

ducks3v1.png

Archived