Local Kids Shows Of The Past

NoHoJoe

i used to watch an amazing show called 'Hot Fudge' on WXYZ channel 7 in detroit....i also used to rock to "The Great Space Coaster' before school and 'The Electric Company' on PBS.

and the Soupy Sales Show, Bozo, Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, etc....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sesame Street

the Electric Company

Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood

Fred Kirby's Cartoon Roundup (local Charlotte,NC show with a Cowboy named Fred and his co-horts, played Little Rascals shorts and old Bugs Bunny/WB cartoons).

and those cheezy "Land of the Lost" shows (Seals and Croft?)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Soupy Sales lol!

I heard he once asked kids to take monety out of their mom's purse and send it to him and many kids did.

yea, New Year's Eve, i think. jokingly knew parents would be passed out drunk. money was indeed sent in.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I forgot to mention Telefrancais and that 'ananas' help me through French class!

Telefrancais, telefrancais...ce marvelleuix, ce magnifique! TELEFRANCAIS!

Then that talking pineapple came on the screen.

that was the only highlight of grade 4 french.

i watched Fred Penner religously, can't remember many other shows...but one for you old video game freaks, who remembers Captain N, the gamemaster? serious flashbacks... :blink:

I never really watch local shows growing up, I just watch Nickoledeon.

Man, Salute your Shorts, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, You Can't Do That On Television, those were the days!!!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Heck, I sometimes watch those Nick shows as an adult. :D

Today's Special was on Nick in the early days, I remember it well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Waking up to Mr. Dressup, Romper Room, Canadian Sesame Street (with Dodi, Louis and Basil!) and Under The Umbrella Tree were staples in the late 80's/early 90's. A few years later they started repeating The Friendley Giant. My father does the best impression of Rusty the Rooster ever and it's made even funnier when he makes obscene phone calls to family and friends.

I used to love Power Rangers during it's first season on YTV, but then they started introducting characters by the bucketful and it became difficult to follow or even care anymore.

Ninja Turtles, still awesome. I felt superleet when I owned both the Technodrome and Sewer playsets.

I can always remember everyday at noon on CTV, they'd air The "Real" Ghostbusters (just a cartoon version of the movie though) followed by the game show "Fun House" which still looks like the coolest game show set ever.

And during preschool, I was obsessed with the game show "Definition". I even remade the set for that show out of paper and pretended I was Jim Perry!

I also remember every day after school they'd air "You Can't Do That on Television!" which is basically just a sketchcom with kids. However I nominate it for Absolute Creepiest Title Sequence of All Time!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

let's see, back in the early 90s

Sesame Street, Carmen Sandiego (which i called the 70 show cause they started out with 70 points), and the local show was Nick Arcade where kids played video games for points, and then went into a zone where they were in the game... IT WAS SWEET!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

When I was growing up here in Indianapolis, we had a local 4H show on Channel 13 called "Clover Power". It was hosted by a recent Ball State graduate named Dave Letterman. Needless to say, it was the most sarcastic kids show ever (I think it has warped me to this day). If you can picture Dave talking to a couple of farm kids showing their prize cow, you can see how he got to where he is today.

I remember Fun House. Course, I was in high school at the time. So any time the twin cheerleaders went in the pool, well, ...let's say hormones went a-ragin.

JD Roth is still hosting kids game shows. He hosts the kids version of Survivor on NBC Saturday mornings.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

early on:

sesame street

mr. dressup

fred penner (who i've seen in concert!)

mr. roger's neighbourhood

under the umbrella tree

sharon, lois & bram

take part

polka-dot door

a little later on:

teenage mutant ninja turles

Power Rangers

Sonic the Hedgehog

Carmen Sandiego

GUTS

and the local show was Nick Arcade where kids played video games for points, and then went into a zone where they were in the game... IT WAS SWEET!

Where would you like to move Mikey?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived