Jersey Joe

soxkrazy

Anyone know what's the deal with the Jersey Joe site? It seems they're out of stock or not offering many items they've had in the past. I got burned by MLB.com when I ordered an alternate red 2009 Red Sox home jersey (without all the piping), and when it came yesterday, it was last year's model. I'm afraid to reorder through them. Where can I go without getting raked over the coals?

Anyone know what's the deal with the Jersey Joe site? It seems they're out of stock or not offering many items they've had in the past. I got burned by MLB.com when I ordered an alternate red 2009 Red Sox home jersey (without all the piping), and when it came yesterday, it was last year's model. I'm afraid to reorder through them. Where can I go without getting raked over the coals?

Sox, I can't answer your real question, but I hope you have made arrangements to return your jersey to MLB.com for a full refund. I was in a similar fix as yours a couple of years back and MLB.com was cool about accepting the return.

(Actually, I'd extend your question about Jersey Joe, since this year I'm not seeing nearly as many of the special one-day jerseys offered as in the past. Jersey Joe used to be my source for throwback and special-occasion MLB jerseys. So what is up with Jersey Joe?)

20082614447.png

If ANYONE can answer the "What happened to Jersey Joe" question, I would appreciate it. I ordered the new Twins throwback-style home jersey from them back in April, and I am still waiting. I've been trying to call for a month now, and nothing but voicemail. At this point, I just want my money back. It's like the whole operation disappeared from the face of the earth. No replies to e-mail either.

And MLB seems to have a problem with caring about what they send out. I ordered a regular doubleknit jersey earlier this year, and got the COOLBASE version. They accepted the return without a problem, but their response was, "Place the order again."

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

If ANYONE can answer the "What happened to Jersey Joe" question, I would appreciate it. I ordered the new Twins throwback-style home jersey from them back in April, and I am still waiting. I've been trying to call for a month now, and nothing but voicemail. At this point, I just want my money back. It's like the whole operation disappeared from the face of the earth. No replies to e-mail either.

And MLB seems to have a problem with caring about what they send out. I ordered a regular doubleknit jersey earlier this year, and got the COOLBASE version. They accepted the return without a problem, but their response was, "Place the order again."

I agree. I'm afraid to reorder that jersey just to get the same mistake. That happened one time with a hat from MLB.com. Ordered, sent back, was told to reorder, did reorder, received same incorrect hat. Only reason I order from them (or Olympia, Dick's, Sports Authority - all of them are really the same place) is that they have good discounts on prices and shipping.

I'm sorry I cannot answer the original question, but to add about MLB.com. I ordered the Pirates pinstriped Bay jersey (years ago) and they sent me the white home...which was $40 cheaper. They told me to pay to return the jersey or they would credit me $40. They wanted it expressed at $14 so I just kept the damn thing.

KISSwall09.jpg

I ordered my Twins 1982 throwback from the Twins Pro Shop in Apple Valley. You will need to call, but I got the jersey pretty fast.

I ordered my Twins 1982 throwback from the Twins Pro Shop in Apple Valley. You will need to call, but I got the jersey pretty fast.

++ to this. When getting Twins merch, I've always done it by calling either a Twins Pro Shop or Dome Plus. Then again, I'm old enough to remember when it was normal to call a store and order over the phone, back before we had the internet tubes.

20082614447.png

++ to this. When getting Twins merch, I've always done it by calling either a Twins Pro Shop or Dome Plus. Then again, I'm old enough to remember when it was normal to call a store and order over the phone, back before we had the internet tubes.

Ya Dome Plus is the way to go. You can use mlb.com or fansedge or something like that, but if you want the best for the Twins (or Wild, Vikes, or Gophers) gear, you need to use Dome Plus. Dome Plus is the best Twins shop IMO.

Ya Dome Plus is the way to go. You can use mlb.com or fansedge or something like that, but if you want the best for the Twins (or Wild, Vikes, or Gophers) gear, you need to use Dome Plus. Dome Plus is the best Twins shop IMO.

I've ordered from Dome Plus before-but they don't do customized jerseys anymore. Only the ones they stock.

Exclusive Pro Sports is good too and they do carry the 1982 Twins throwback now. I didn't get it through them since I wanted it sooner and they didn't have it in stock back in March.

I've ordered from Dome Plus before-but they don't do customized jerseys anymore. Only the ones they stock.

Exclusive Pro Sports is good too and they do carry the 1982 Twins throwback now. I didn't get it through them since I wanted it sooner and they didn't have it in stock back in March.

I was not aware that they stopped doing customizing. That's too bad. Exclusive Pro Sports looks good.

Ordered a classic game on cassette tape a few years back from MLB.com and the case came -- empty. They sent me another one and it was empty, too. They refunded the money and promised to send another one anyway... never got it. Also got a free Sosa jersey back in '04 because of multiple screw-ups (delivered to wrong address or something). Knew I'd never wear it, but it was on deep discount already after his trade... now that it ended up free I have no regrets.

I guess what I'm saying is make sure you complain. This seems to happen a lot with MLB but in the end you might get an even better deal out of it.

I actually looked at them as Plan B, but I'd like a resolution to the problem with Jersey Joe before I spend the money again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

From what I have heard, Jersey Joe is having some financial difficulties. This is why I do not do business with companies that charge you right away for a jersey they don't have. I know I have stated it here before, but Exclusive Pro Sports, while slow at times, does not charge you until they ship out your jersey. Further, their customization is second to none. Dome Plus is fine for Min sports stuff in terms of getting the jersey, but in my opinion, their customization was never that good. Very similar to City Sports in Chicago.

From what I have heard, Jersey Joe is having some financial difficulties. This is why I do not do business with companies that charge you right away for a jersey they don't have.

That is what I was afraid of. I had never had any problem with them before, which makes the whole situation suck even more. I guess it's coming close to the point of having to decide on writing off the money as a loss and moving on, or waiting them out. If they're having money problems, there may be no point in wasting my time waiting for an answer that isn't coming.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I also thought it was weird that I ordered the incorrect Sox jersey on the Thursday before Memorial Day and received it by Wednesday. Really quick! I'm sure even the jersey industry has been affected by the economy. Real quick turnaround.

Here is a shocker: the Jersey Joe phone number was disconnected this morning. I could not be more annoyed. I could make it my mission in life to find Joe Chiaccio, but is it worth the $162? I'm not marching my a$$ up to Delran, NJ for this. Live and learn, I guess.

RE: zooropean

I called the Apple Valley location. The guy could not have been nicer and I think that is how I'll end up getting the jersey. Thanks for the heads up.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Here is a shocker: the Jersey Joe phone number was disconnected this morning. I could not be more annoyed. I could make it my mission in life to find Joe Chiaccio, but is it worth the $162? I'm not marching my a$$ up to Delran, NJ for this. Live and learn, I guess.

I called the Apple Valley location. The guy could not have been nicer and I think that is how I'll end up getting the jersey. Thanks for the heads up.

For a % of the money, there's a few people on these boards who could pretty easily march up to Delran...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For a % of the money, there's a few people on these boards who could pretty easily march up to Delran...

Their phone number worked fine for me just a few minutes ago: 856 764 2509.

Never had a problem with them , order stuff from there all the time.

Their phone number worked fine for me just a few minutes ago: 856 764 2509.

Never had a problem with them , order stuff from there all the time.

I just tried it again and got the "This number has temporarily been disconnected" message.

Did you speak to someone there or did you get the voicemail?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I did see that JJ is posting at a Sports Uniform messsage board. That was the source of the Flag Jersey info about them not being on-field. Phone still disconnected, but I tried to get a hold of him via that board.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived