Mantle's NHL Re-design series

mantleisthebest7

Alright, I've finished all of Ottawa. I ran alot farther behind than I had hoped, so I didnt get the rest done like I wanted today, I apologize. I'll again be out of town visiting my mother for a few days so I may not be back until possibly wednesday.

In the meantime, here is what I came up with for Ottawa. I took joshhockey's suggestion for the primary and I must say that I think it looks much better that what I had previously done, so please give due credit for the idea to joshhockey.

I made a brand new template for Ottawa for the home and aways and the alternate is quite self-explanitory, a third inspired by classics obviously.

It's late here, so im going to head off to bed. Let me know what you guys think, C&C always welcome.

Thanks

l_d67e20334f084c0198e9219242ff2606.png

l_80aca4888bd2467886085265f1a75127.png

l_eaea6635686a4d73bc22f7d3d6b2f5c4.png

l_a4cbee47410840898ae4e55f3722076a.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good job on Ottawa. I like the tweaked logo (again, you stole something I was going to do!) and I'm quite fond of the uniforms, piping included. The third jersey is also nice.

I would make two suggestions: First, I understand using a classical Roman typeface, but I'd find a way to beef it up a bit. Right now, the numbers look very thin and weak. Secondly, I'd flip the colors on the sleeve stripes of the black jerseys so that they match the side panels.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I do like the logo and think it looks good, but I just realized something. The head dress should probably be behind the cape and the cape should be the top layer.

As for the jereseys, I love the alt and think the home and away are very good also.

g4104.png

Hey guys, i'm finally back now and will be here long enough in my mind to finish the series over the weekend. YAY! lol :) just to update you guys:

I have decided the last three teams I will tackle are Tampa Bay, Vancouver, and Washington. As aforementioned a long tim ago, Washington will have a new template. And by the looks of my current work with Tampa Bay, the lightning will also have a new template. Just to give you guys a heads up, Tampa Bay is a HUGE experiment, i'll be trying something that has never, ever been done in the NHL before with them. So brace yourselves! Haha jk, it should be finished by late tonight so please drop by and tell me what you think.

Also, Im working on some tweaks with a few previous concepts, so if youre looking for those, dont worry, i didnt forget. I just figured id hurry and get these last three done and then go ahead and post the updated concepts.

My thanks to everyone

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Alright, Tampa Bay is finally up. Now on my previous post, I mentioned that Tampa Bay would have something that no other uniform in NHL history has ever had. That my friends, is what I present to you today. Yes, the template is new, but that isn't it. Your eyes aren't fooling you - that is indeed a "watermarked" lightning bolt, much like you see with some designs on soccer kits (Russia's new kits for example). That is the big experiment i've been hoping to try, and when I came across Tampa Bay, they seemed like the perfect team to try it out on. Not much else to say, tell me what you think!

l_ef58e7f707a540c6af350e08f51df79c.png

l_969157bd8c164cf8a694cd94427a430c.png

l_d9accb0eaed8495ba211aa461bc6fb18.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Okay, thanks for the input on the socks, i appreciate it. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve them?

Is there anything else for Tampa Bay from anyone?

I assume you meant watermarked bolt, rather than wordmarked. Otherwise, nice concept.

Okay, thanks for the input on the socks, i appreciate it. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve them?

Is there anything else for Tampa Bay from anyone?

I assume you meant watermarked bolt, rather than wordmarked. Otherwise, nice concept.

Oh, yes. Thanks for cathcing that, i didnt even realize what i'd said lol. Thanks!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I really like that you tried something different. However, I'm not sure it's really working. Given that their logo is just a lightning bolt with some type, it seems overly redundant to place a larger, barely visible bolt behind the logo. That said, it's not bad looking... I'm just not sure that it does much.

Right now none of the elements in the uniforms are coming together, and it's making it hard to like this concept. The "swooshes" on the sleeves don't match the piping on the chest and back, and none of it matches the strange shapes on the socks or the huge bolt on the pants. Whereas your Ottawa concept felt like it fit together and the elements flowed nicely, the Lightning set is a bit disjointed right now.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I like the idea of a "watermarked" image, and I think it works very well here. I also wanted to point out that you have LECAVILIER on the back of the last two jerseys instead of LECAVALIER

Quick general question to all who do these rebrandings:

Why does it seem every NHL team gets stylized numbers, but when it comes to the Lightning (who started with stylized numbers) do they get stuck with the basic block numbers?

Archived