Golden State Warriors - UPDATE 3, with uniforms!

chestnutz

lakersavatar2.pnglakersavatarrr.png

Boredom struck while waiting for C&C on the Sixers....

Been wanting to do a Warriors concept for a little bit, finally got around to it. It's nothing too special, but obviously I hate their current identity (WTF is it?) and decided to go back to the classic THE CITY logo for inspiration. Modernized it a bit, making the lines a bit thicker, curving the bridge, etc. I added a navy blue instead of royal, just thought it looked better.

Wordmarks are simple, placed over the primary logo as well.

A lightning bolt is in the secondary logo, as a reference to their current identity, with a basketball behind it, which is the same ball used in their old Golden State logo (with the California state outline).

Uniforms will of course come later, C&C always welcome!

warriors.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I assume that's supposed to be the Bay Bridge, right? Because it actually only has one span, not two...

Otherwise, it's not bad. Simple, yet effective. I don't really care for the "W" in the alt logo, as I think it would look better with no text at all.

I assume that's supposed to be the Bay Bridge, right? Because it actually only has one span, not two...

Otherwise, it's not bad. Simple, yet effective. I don't really care for the "W" in the alt logo, as I think it would look better with no text at all.

It's actually paying homage to one of their classic jersey logos, thus accounting for the 2 spans:

B000L95MQW.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Anyway, like your other concepts, it's very clean, I like it. However, the "W" over the bridge in that tertiary logo seems too tacked on as just a space-filler (then again, I tend to prefer the insides of the "the City" logo empty and not filled with a # like on a player's jersey). Likewise, I keep wavering on the lightning bolt in the secondary. You rendered it nicely, but I don't know, I keep liking it on first glance, but after staring at it, something in my head just doesn't click. I guess it may be b/c I keep thinking the lightning bolt doesn't really match the rest of the "the City" motif. Then again, the Jazz seem to be using an updated "J music note" again, so secondaries don't always have to match directly with their primaries. Either way, very nice concept, keep 'em coming!

I'm no Bay Bridge expert, but yes, I was going on what the original logo had so sorry if that's wrong.

The secondary W/Lightning bolt logo is something I was having a lot of trouble with to work. I may just scrap it. Thanks for the comments, keep em coming.

spacer.png

Alright, decided to update this quickly.

-I should've done this in the first place, but I added a modernized trolley logo for the alternate.

-Darkened the yellow and the blue

-Got rid of the lightning bolt logo, added the basketball design to the tertiary, which has the bridge

-Changed the "T" in the wordmark

-Added the GOLDEN STATE wordmark to the primary logo, something I forgot to do before.

warriors-1.png

spacer.png

This is a really nice update of that logo. It has been tried many times on here to bring back the old identity, and yours is probably my favorite. Nice work so far.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

i love the primary logo, just awesome, the tertiary i am having a little trouble with, i think it should be something along these lines

cb02u6k4eyzy3zwkxmivf37hj.gif

or something with a net

agreed, the bball lines in the tertiary bother me with all the segments. it needs to flow better.

also, i guess its just me, but the wordmark area in the primary seems a bit odd. maybe try a version where it arches like the The City logo and the 90s primary as well.

I love the primary and the cable car logo. The cable car could use some tweaking around the bottom where the tracks are. It looks a little awkward down there with all those outlines. And for the tertiary logo, I think if it was just the bridge inside a circle it would look good. You don;t need all the extra stuff going on, especially for a tertiary logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

UPDATE 2

-Probably the last update til the uniforms

-Changed the wheels on the cable car

-New tertiary, took conrads suggestion and tried out a simple "THE CITY" look, and I think it turned out nicely as a once-in-a-while used retro logo.

warriors-2.png

spacer.png

I like the updated logos, but after looking at the image of "the City" jersey I just posted, I'm wondering if that second, lower span is in fact supposed to be the horizon of the bay waters? I'm not sure b/c all the other renditions of the "the City" logo don't have the squiggly "water" marks on them or otherwise really differentiate the two horizontal lines. At the least, I think it's something to keep in mind.

I like your updated logos, but they're obviously from the San Fransisco era, before moving to Oakland and becoming "Golden State." But on the other hand, "Golden State" would work no matter what part of CA they're based in.

All in all, a very nice concept, and much better (though more abstract) than the current "lightning bolt" theme that reminds me of the San Diego Chargers.

UPDATE 3

-Wow Arts, did not even realize that. Good observation on the horizon line. I got rid of it here.

-Updated the trolley again, got rid of the second white streak on the bottom.

warriors-3.png

UNIFORMS

-Went a bit more modern with these

-The primary home and away feature a double stripe on the jerseys, extending to the shorts

-On the bottom of the shorts, a Bay Bridge design is there

-THE CITY tertiary logo also on the shorts

-Trolley on the back of the jersey

-Basic block font

-I went more retro with the alternate. With a purely blue and yellow jersey, no white, with a variation on THE CITY logo, with the number placed inside the circle like the old days. Number on the shorts, and the primary logo on the other side. Really like this one.

(Also just realized I forgot to change the player name on the away jersey)

warriorsunis.png

spacer.png

i like the unis alot, just not a big fan of the thick colars, break the blue up with stripes of yellow and/or white

i don't think GOLDEN STATE works as the wordmark on the away jerseys,(they used the logo the shape of California as the mark) see pic below

b75se8nhwndkoxj455na9he2l.gif

also the 3rd uni should have the city offset like the pic below

mediapose06_city.jpg

but i do like the bridge incorporation in the shorts

Love the shorts design. Personally I think the waistband on the homes should be white to match the roads. The only other thing I'm not that fond of is the block numbers, although I can see why you used them in terms of not clashing with the wordmark. The logos have come a long way, and look good. On the 3rd, I wouldn't change a thing. Good work. This one is the the best of your NBA designs yet.

Really nice concept. I would move the logo on the shorts to the bottom to fill in the space of the bridges. Also I agree that you should add a line to the collars, beacuse they are very thick looking right now. The road jersey looks very collegiate with that wordmark. Maybe just go with Warriors? Other than that I think it looks great.

Archived