MLB Wall Sigs

raysox

I'd love to see what you come up with for Coors, except I'd really like it to not include the Frontier or State Farm ads that have managed to find their way onto the once-clean outfield wall. Something with the out-of-town scoreboard would be cool. Or the nature scene/fountains.

Or whatever. I suppose if I'm saying this much, I should just shut up and make my own :P

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see what you come up with for Coors, except I'd really like it to not include the Frontier or State Farm ads that have managed to find their way onto the once-clean outfield wall. Something with the out-of-town scoreboard would be cool. Or the nature scene/fountains.

Or whatever. I suppose if I'm saying this much, I should just shut up and make my own :P

Well, I hope this'll do.

15-17

COL.png

(Sorry Florida, and Washington fans. The scores were at random.)

MIL.png

HOU1.png

^^^I made the hill.

Ones Left

• Chase Field
  • Turner Field
  • PNC Park
  • Great American Ballpark
  • PETCO Park
  • AT&T Park
  • National Ballpark
  • Camden Yards
  • US Cellular Field
  • Comerica Park
  • Kauffman Stadium
  • Metrodome
  • Oakland Coliseum

Any pictures of the ones above would be fantastic.

the only thing that caught my eye were the number of errors posted on the Colorado one. These all are f'ing awesome, some great work here.

ahah, I honestly didn't know what they meant. Because In the picture I used for a an example had those numbers.

rokcies.jpg

^^^That is Colorado btw.

I knew what the R H E system is but not sure what those numbers meant. Can anyone help?

The more I think about it, I'm thinking that those are actually the pitcher's numbers that are in the game not hits and errors, so my bad on that raysox.

You're almost right - they are the uniform numbers of the current pitcher of record in the game, and so for a final score they are uni numbers of the winner/loser. Took me ages to get that one through my head, because I (and I'm guessing everyone else in the baseball world) assumes they are runs, hits, and errors. I think they may have worried about not having enough low numbers?

Regardless, that is an AMAZING recreation! I love it! And you even included the CR logo to the side of it (which has, sadly, been replaced by an AAMCO logo in recent years). The only thing that is off is that the team abbreviation is white, not yellow. But what you've got there is a real work of art, fantastic. Thank you!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The more I think about it, I'm thinking that those are actually the pitcher's numbers that are in the game not hits and errors, so my bad on that raysox.

You're almost right - they are the uniform numbers of the current pitcher of record in the game, and so for a final score they are uni numbers of the winner/loser. Took me ages to get that one through my head, because I (and I'm guessing everyone else in the baseball world) assumes they are runs, hits, and errors. I think they may have worried about not having enough low numbers?

Regardless, that is an AMAZING recreation! I love it! And you even included the CR logo to the side of it (which has, sadly, been replaced by an AAMCO logo in recent years). The only thing that is off is that the team abbreviation is white, not yellow. But what you've got there is a real work of art, fantastic. Thank you!

That's kind of an old fashioned thing, as is the manual scoreboard itself. Fenway has had the pitchers' numbers next to the score forever (perhaps literally). The only reason I know that is because my dad told me this at my first game at the age of five. I hear people at Fenway trying to wrap their heads around it all the time though and I'm always the one to explain it to them.

22-24

KC.png

SF.png

CHIW.png

Yes, the murals at US cellular field look horrible. The Giants one is the corner between Right, and center. I tried to get the angle of the wall right.

Ones Left

• Chase Field
  • PNC Park
  • PETCO Park
  • Camden Yards
  • Comerica Park
  • Metrodome

Any pictures of the ones above, besides PNC, and the Metrodome would be fantastic.

Anyone who wants Pittsburgh, what part of the wall should the sig resemble?

I think the next 3 might be for the Padres, Twinkies, and Buccos.

Anyone who wants Pittsburgh, what part of the wall should the sig resemble?

As far as uniqueness and not being boring, the best choice would be the "Clemente wall" (right field).

That, or the Heinz sign.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived