2009 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

Is Jones still cleared to play in the NFL? I know he was reinstated. But I also understand that the Cowboys released him due to him being suspected of ordering a hit on someone in Atlanta in 2007. I do not recall if the NFL later made a statement concerning this as this might have been considered a violation of the conditions of his reinstatement, or if his own actions have unofficially blacklisted himself. I couldn't find anything recent, but then again the NFL of late has been handing out punishments and fines so often that its often hard to keep track.

I ask all this because I thought the CFL based a rule shortly after Toronto sign Ricky Williams during his NFL suspension. It was nicknamed the "Ricky Williams Rule" which stated that the CFL would uphold the suspension of any player currently suspended by the NFL. In other words, if you can't play in the NFL, you cannot play up north either- unless they rule is no longer in play. I figure if someone is willing to sign Michael Vick, they'd just as soon sign Jones if they needed someone- if they could.

So is Jones serving some punishment, or is it that no one in the NFL wants to touch him?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the public backlash was too much for the Bombers, who have had to put out more than their share of fires this season.

Instead, the Blue are going after former Detroit WR Charles Rogers. All the Bombers need now is someone to throw it to him.

I guess the public backlash was too much for the Bombers, who have had to put out more than their share of fires this season.

Instead, the Blue are going after former Detroit WR Charles Rogers. All the Bombers need now is someone to throw it to him.

They can't sign Rogers because he is still suspended indefinitely by the NFL just read about this.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=289751

Blessing in disguise not having any of these guys and I still wonder how nobody has given Derek Armstrong a shot.

They can't sign Rogers because he is still suspended indefinitely by the NFL just read about this.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=289751

Blessing in disguise not having any of these guys and I still wonder how nobody has given Derek Armstrong a shot.

I think it is mainly because of his knee problem, but still he is a talent that would be well worth the risk.

On a side note I am very excited for the Labour Day Classic on Sunday ... GO BOMBERS!

So tough losing to those stupid Riders ... ughhh

Well that's what happens when the Bombers don't have a Quarterback but it's nice to the see the passing game finally get going all that be on labour day and it's sad looking at this stat.

Only 5 Receiving Touchdowns through 9 games.

So tough losing to those stupid Riders ... ughhh

Well that's what happens when the Bombers don't have a Quarterback but it's nice to the see the passing game finally get going all that be on labour day and it's sad looking at this stat.

Only 5 Receiving Touchdowns through 9 games.

Before the Bowman TD, Edwards was the only receiver with a TD :shocked:

Most embarrassing moment as a Bomber fan in my life right now.

i have been behind Kelly 100% through some of his decisons but losing by 45 points to your arch-rival before a sold out crowd on your turf ... huh ?

I dont get it at all .

Time to clean house. End of the season, get rid of Bauer, Kelly, that dumbass player personnel guy from Calgary, the QBs, Romby Bryant, Brock Ralph, re-do the O-line, and get people who know how to coach in this league.

Once that new stadium is built, no one will be willing to watch these schmucks at higher beer and ticket prices, so they'd better figure out what they're doing NOW, before it all goes straight to hell. I'd bring in 10 QBs next season, at some point, you'd have to think they'd be able to find one or two that way who'll pick up the game quickly, and make something happen.

I'm pretty pissed. Bauer is running this team into the ground, and he needs to go now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived