Phoenix Mercury (WNBA) to announce jersey sponsorship

Waffles

This is horrible. This isn't Europe. If the Mercury had to do this, the sponsor patch should have been smaller and near the shoulder or neck line. If it has to come to the NFL, well NFL E teams did it right. The logos on each team's respective jersey were clear and visible as were the numbers.

As for the NFL allowing patches on practice jerseys, the league is trying to wring out every dollar it can. Don't tell me what's next - having to buy a seat license to watch practice? And this is a business that just canned 200 or so employees, right?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is horrible. This isn't Europe. If the Mercury had to do this, the sponsor patch should have been smaller and near the shoulder or neck line. If it has to come to the NFL, well NFL E teams did it right. The logos on each team's respective jersey were clear and visible as were the numbers.

As for the NFL allowing patches on practice jerseys, the league is trying to wring out every dollar it can. Don't tell me what's next - having to buy a seat license to watch practice? And this is a business that just canned 200 or so employees, right?

Must...resist...temptation...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I just find it ironic that people are chicken littling over the fact that a team in a league that they despise and would never watch in a hundred years is selling sponsorship space on their jerseys.

The feeling here towards the WNBA is apathy at best and misplaced misogyny at its worst, so who cares if they're selling jersey sponsorships?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think the sourness is due to the fact that the WNBA and NBA still have ties. While people couldn't care less about the WNBA, they fear that this could lead to sponsors on NBA jerseys.

Of course, that's just how I think it looks.

I don't like it, but if it is going to be there then it is OK. What makes this so bad, when something very similar is used on the European soccer jerseys, and they are OK and even "classy"?

I find this to be arguably the best point in this thread.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think that before the big 4 do something on uniforms, we'll see more CGI stuff on the TV broadcasts, which is primarily the reasons for the sponsorship to begin with. They could embed big logos on the fields on the TV broadcasts like they do for the ad boxes behind home plate.

The NHL did it this year. They had sponsors on the glass behind the goalies. Wish I could find a picture.

SubwayGlassAd.jpg

Thanks Waffles, I looked everywhere for a pic and couldn't find one.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived