New Washington State Uniforms

TenaciousG

• 2 weeks later...
Official announcement found here:WSU Football Uniforms

Sharp. Classic. Only complaint is the silver insert on the white and gray pants. Should have been crimson on those pants. Could have been a lot worse like Boise State and UConn!

they're okay... not truly feeling the two helmets, or the pant stripe, but you know what really grinds my gears?

THEIR SCHOOL LOGO!

I've always thought that was a terrible logo. I mean, I get that it's a "w" "s" and a "u" but it is such a lame logo, and they need to ditch it for something that doesn't look like a 5 year old made it. seriously that logo is as bad as their record was in 2008...

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

]

they're okay... not truly feeling the two helmets, or the pant stripe, but you know what really grinds my gears?

THEIR SCHOOL LOGO!

I've always thought that was a terrible logo. I mean, I get that it's a "w" "s" and a "u" but it is such a lame logo, and they need to ditch it for something that doesn't look like a 5 year old made it. seriously that logo is as bad as their record was in 2008...

wsu_logo.jpg

I suggest you avoid Eastern Washington, and probably Western too, because it's all over the place. And it is the best logo ever.

At one time I probably thought it was weird, too. But if you go to Pullman you'll get it. My only advice is to stop looking at it like it is trying to make a realistic-looking Cougar head. It isn't. It's abstract. And it's been around since 1936, so obviously at least some people like it.

Oh, and as bad as our football team was last year (and holy crap it was bad), it still wasn't the worst Pac-10 program in the state.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

]

THEIR SCHOOL LOGO!

wsu_logo.jpg

I suggest you avoid Eastern Washington, and probably Western too, because it's all over the place. And it is the best logo ever.

At one time I probably thought it was weird, too. But if you go to Pullman you'll get it. My only advice is to stop looking at it like it is trying to make a realistic-looking Cougar head. It isn't. It's abstract. And it's been around since 1936, so obviously at least some people like it.

Oh, and as bad as our football team was last year (and holy crap it was bad), it still wasn't the worst Pac-10 program in the state.

I'm a UW alum, and yep, you're right on both accounts. The WSU cougar head IS an awesome logo and the 2008 Huskies WERE terrible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

First thought upon seeing these: very similar to the sets Michigan State just unveiled about a year ago or so.

Second thought after viewing all the sets: the white pants coulda been left out. That gray stripe in there makes no sense; nowhere NEAR enough contrast with the white.

Third thought: Wazzou State should probably stick with the gray helmets full-time.

All that said, simplistic as they are, they work. I can live with this. I must say, though, that those crimson pants are SHARP. Something about that gray stripe in those crimson pants just looks good. The gray pants are okay, too.

It appears the numbers have a thinnish gray outline to them. (And while we're discussing the numbers, they;re thinner and a bit more elongated...something I'm sure the artist formerly known as Tempest can appreciate. ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the subtlety of the white with the gray and the gray with the silver, but I also like how the crimson looks with the silver. I don't like the logo much, either, but I do really like that silver helmet. I think the only white in this set should be the away jersey. The logo and facemask on the crimson helmet should be gray, in my opinion, and the white pants are unnecessary, if you ask me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 weeks later...

I like them. Wish they would stick to the silver/gray helmet full time though. The crimson helmet will look good when they wear all white on the road (they did it a few time in the late 90s/early 2000s).

I would only keep these combinations:

Crimson jersey, gray pants, gray helmet.

White jersey, gray pants, gray helmet.

White jersey, white pants, crimson helmet.

No crimson pants at all. Don't like the white jersey, crimson pants/or all crimson look they had a few times the past couple of seasons for home games. Last year's Apple Cup was the worst, all crimson including the helmet.

610x.jpg

:wacko::blink:

Go Cougs.

I hate how one stripe is represented with the cuff...and the other runs completely horizontal above...it just doesnt look right b/c the cuff doesnt have the same width or flow of the stripe above...

dont know if anyone else is bothered by that. I also hate the piping on the silver pants...what the dump were they thinking?

Archived