Chargers slideshow with white throwbacks

jojotarantino

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thats the best looking white on white football uniform ever made.

I'm generally against just turning back the clock and re-hashing old unis, but the Bolts dropped the ball on the redesign.

Absolute football immortality, right there.

Taken strictly on its own, this uni set is absolutely gorgeous. As an attempt at recreating a specific uniform from a specific year, the incorrect proportions of the shoulder inserts and the incorrect color of the blue is a little disappointing. Of course, we've covered the collegiate blue vs. powder blue topic a few times before... And in the immortal words of Spinal Tap, "That's just nitpicking, isn't it?"

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I'm neither one way or the other on the Bolts, and while I love throwbacks, I also like modern designs as well.

That being said, that uni is incredible. Easy to read numbers and logos, not very cluttered, colors pop...that uni is t3h sex.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Boy, the Chargers (franchise) sho' gon make them some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this year, ain't they???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's okay, but the white throwback jersey is a big step down from the blue, IMO. The shoulder stripe around the bolt works for the blue jersey because it causes the uniform to have a gold bolt on a white background for the helmet, jersey, and pants. Here, it just looks out of place.

In the slideshow they show two dark blue helmets with yellow masks. Is there supposed to be a difference between them?

And the old time cheerleader outfits were kinda cute. Just sayin'.

I think one version was supposed to be Royal Blue (Air Coryell era) and the other was Navy Blue (Spanos era circa 86-87).

Archived