Chargers slideshow with white throwbacks

jojotarantino

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... and the incorrect color of the blue is a little disappointing. Of course, we've covered the collegiate blue vs. powder blue topic a few times before...

Confirmation from ColorWerx please?

EDIT: nevermind

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3588050322_ddc2e58141_o1.jpg

Any word on when/if these jerseys (replica or authentic) will be sold? My b-day's coming up and that would make for a sweet present. B)

You know GOOD AND WELL these is getting sold...that's almost the overlying premise of even doing this "commemoration"! :D

As for when...I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on sale about halfway through next month. I really couldn't tell you though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Any word on when/if these jerseys (replica or authentic) will be sold? My b-day's coming up and that would make for a sweet present. B)

You know GOOD AND WELL these is getting sold...that's almost the overlying premise of even doing this "commemoration"! :D

As for when...I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on sale about halfway through next month. I really couldn't tell you though.

You're prob right, Brandon. It's just the fact that I haven't seen any of the white AFL throwbacks available anywhere yet that has me mildly concerned. I've already earmarked the funds for each of the white AFL throwbacks this season.

In the slideshow they show two dark blue helmets with yellow masks. Is there supposed to be a difference between them?

All the helmets look like repros of famous Charger players from different years. I think the blue helmet with the yellow OPO mask is supposed to be a Dan Fouts repro (looks like a HelmetHut - its painted gray on the inside like a 50s/60s helmet which they seem to do with all their repros); I don't know who would have worn a Riddell WD-1/AF-2 with an early 80s NOPO mask, but it's a repro of someone's helmet.

In the slideshow they show two dark blue helmets with yellow masks. Is there supposed to be a difference between them?

All the helmets look like repros of famous Charger players from different years. I think the blue helmet with the yellow OPO mask is supposed to be a Dan Fouts repro (looks like a HelmetHut - its painted gray on the inside like a 50s/60s helmet which they seem to do with all their repros); I don't know who would have worn a Riddell WD-1/AF-2 with an early 80s NOPO mask, but it's a repro of someone's helmet.

The helmets are indeed Helmet Hut, if you go to Helmet Hut's site they have a big writeup on the helmets they created for the Chargers a few years. I believe it's those very same helmets on display in the slideshow.

You're prob right, Brandon. It's just the fact that I haven't seen any of the white AFL throwbacks available anywhere yet that has me mildly concerned. I've already earmarked the funds for each of the white AFL throwbacks this season.

I called the Chargers Pro Shop at Qualcomm Stadium yesterday and the clerk said they are not sure if they will be getting any authentics, but if they do it probably won't be until August. I would venture to guess they will have them available, they will definitely sell. They better, I want a white one really bad. I pulled out my 1994 White Throwback with the number 20 (Natrone Means) last night and it's a little snug. Need to upgrade to a bigger size :) Yeah, that's as good excuse as any!

I called the Chargers Pro Shop at Qualcomm Stadium yesterday and the clerk said they are not sure if they will be getting any authentics, but if they do it probably won't be until August. I would venture to guess they will have them available, they will definitely sell. They better, I want a white one really bad. I pulled out my 1994 White Throwback with the number 20 (Natrone Means) last night and it's a little snug. Need to upgrade to a bigger size :) Yeah, that's as good excuse as any!

Similarly, I e-mailed the Patriots Pro Shop about the white Pats throwbacks, and was told that there were no plans as of yet to carry the white throwbacks. Sigh.

Similarly, I e-mailed the Patriots Pro Shop about the white Pats throwbacks, and was told that there were no plans as of yet to carry the white throwbacks. Sigh.

For clarification, I did not specify home or road, just authentics, and they were non-committal. Sort of reminds me of 1994, the Chargers Throwbacks took the city by storm and there were no plans to sell them. Finally, due to public demand they were made available in late November, just in time for Christmas and the last few weeks of the season. I hope they planned it a little better this time around.

For clarification, I did not specify home or road, just authentics, and they were non-committal. Sort of reminds me of 1994, the Chargers Throwbacks took the city by storm and there were no plans to sell them. Finally, due to public demand they were made available in late November, just in time for Christmas and the last few weeks of the season. I hope they planned it a little better this time around.

Same here in New England. When the Patriots wore their white throwbacks in 1994, you couldn't find a single one, replica or authentic, anywhere. I remember asking my parents for one for Christmas (I was 13) and they searched everywhere. Nothing.

Let's hope both the Pats and Chargers retail departments don't whiff this time around.

the picture in this thread is the exact reason ive said all along that id love to see the bolts go white-on-white with their current (modern) set. im amazed that they havent even tried it in a game yet considering the way teams seem to mix and match so much. anyone ever do a mockup of this?

everton.png

the picture in this thread is the exact reason ive said all along that id love to see the bolts go white-on-white with their current (modern) set. im amazed that they havent even tried it in a game yet considering the way teams seem to mix and match so much. anyone ever do a mockup of this?

I think someone did that once using a picture of Darren Sproles. Looked pretty good IIRC.

Archived