A few soccer concepts...

elliott

Hey all, I know I said I was going to update my Hurricanes concept, and I know I said I was going to post some more MLB rebrands, and I will do both in the future. But I heard some rumors of some potential investors in a soccer team here, so I wanted to take a shot at a concept. I've never done a soccer concept, and I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I have acquired some knowledge about soccer unis, just from observing.

So here it is. I tried to make a badge that would actually fit in with the MLS. The jerseys are the sort of organized chaos that you would expect from the MLS, with all sorts of wavy striping and adidas stripes, but also a more of a classic element with the subtle "rugby stripes" across the chest. I don't really have too much more to say, surprisingly. I guess it's pretty self explanatory. If there is any basic soccer element that I missed, please tell me!

Comments greatly appreciated. I know it can get better.

peach-city-fc.gif

peach-city-fc-jerseys.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is nice for a first try at a soccer concept. Two things I might have done differently:

1) Use forest green as the primary color instead of navy blue (blue/orange is an overused combo in sports IMHO, and green could represent peach trees), and

2) Instead of a straightforward peach, use a peach with markings like a soccer ball, or just use a peach-colored soccer ball with a stem and leaf on top.

CCSLC signature.png

I don't know much about soccer either, but I think this looks really nice. I like the name and the jerseys are one of my favorites when it comes to soccer. The only suggestion would be like Viper said; maybe use a soccer ball/peach logo.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Although I'm against the soccer ball/peach idea ( I think it's tacky and forced), it seems like something an MLS side would do. I like the badge, simple, effective. I really like this set as is, color scheme intact. I don't really see how orange/blue is overused in sports, to me this works great. The shorts need simplifying, especially the shorts.

I don't really see how orange/blue is overused in sports, to me this works great.

MLB: Mets

NFL: Bears, Broncos

NHL: Islanders, Oilers

NBA: Bobcats, Knicks, Thunder

NLL: NY (Newark? Orlando?) Titans

NCAA: Auburn, Florida, Bucknell, Clemson, Illinois, Syracuse, Virginia

Atlanta being UGA country first and foremost, the similarity to Auburn and Florida alone would be a good reason to use a different primary color. Granted, if you switch it to green then it would resemble Miami U, but they're not in the SEC so no worries there. ;)

CCSLC signature.png

Thats sick man. Ive been wondering how to do these concept logos/jerseys for a while now.

I use photoshop all the time (made the signatures below myself) and I have Adobe Illustrator which i understand is the program used to make these concepts. But how do you actually make them? Does it actually require being able to draw well?

TOEWScopy.png

comriecopy.png

I like the crest, but it tie-in with the uniforms, what about horizontal stripes on it? Speaking of them, the stripes on the jersey are great, but could be toned down slightly for legibility of the sponsor's logo. As far as the color scheme goes, does any other MLS team feature blue and orange? If not, it's not that overused. However, I think green and orange are very underused and would be very unique across all sports.

This concept is tasty, I want to eat it.

Seriously though, this looks great. In so far as elements of football design you may have missed, forget the ball/peach hybrid. That would be cheesy as hell and completely superfluous. The crest shape already says football to me, there is no need to hammer the point home. Perhaps adding another subtle bit of colour to the logo would really make it stand out though. I'd also think about changing the team name, it seems like trying too hard to sound like a "soccer team" when teams rarely use gimmicks like that.

Great work though, I love the colours and the kits. I'm hungry...

About the only thing I don't like are the colors. Change the blue to green and you're set. The uniform template (those curvy things) bother me a bit. Usually on adidas' templates, the marks are smaller in the front or bigger in the front, not the same size on the front and back. I'd spice it up a bit instead of taking the same marks on the front and putting them on the back. This particularly bothers me on the shorts. Great work as always though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Everything looks great, but I don't think I could take the name (Peach City FC) or crest seriously. They're too cutesy.

I love the color scheme, and I think it works fine. Yes it is a popular color combination, as Viper pointed out, but I don't think anyone in MLS uses that combo. I do think using dark green is worth a shot though, to tie into the peach tree vibe.

I'm kind of indifferent about the template. The jersey looks fine, but the shorts look a little too wild.

Overall it's a very good piece, like always. Good job E!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I think this update will improve things. Although I liked the navy, I thought that the green was too interesting to pass up, so thanks viper for that suggestion. As Drew pointed out, it should probably be Peach State, so that is the new name. And as chesnutz mentioned, the back and front probably shouldn't be symmetrical. So with the update I...

-changed to a dark green

-added the faint horizontal striping to the badge

-completely different striping on the back of the shorts, definitely in adidas' style

-the back of the jersey is slightly different as I had to get rid of the vertical striping, it didn't translate well with not shorts transition

peach-city-fc-2.gif

peach-city-fc-jerseys-3.gif

Thoughts?

This is just a generic nitpicky question: Can the Coca-Cola logo be changed to fit the color scheme of the uniform? I would think that it would have to be an approved color according to the brand identity, am I right? The way it is on the clash kit now, dark green is what I'm talking about. It's not a criticism of your work at all, just a question of out curiosity. Does anyone know if that's the case?

Very nice work, elliott. I think both color combos work well: orange and blue is a little easier on the eyes, but green and blue is a little more original and appropriate.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'm probably in the minority here, but I preferred the original kits to the update. The green and orange makes me think UMiami. At least the orange and blue was set up differently enough that it didn't remind me of another team that uses the combo. Both are very well done, but I think the original was a lot nicer.

jerseys.png

Polygon signature courtesy of LEWJ.

bannerwpr.gif

Peachtree would've been better, but Peach State is ok in it's own right.

And yeah, I agree with cupps; as much as blue and orange is overused in sports, it isn't in the MLS, so it would've worked just fine.

Archived