Charlotte Bobcats New Uniforms (anyone have any inside info?)

$teauA

I believe the Cougars name has already been mentioned in this thread (though I'm too lazy to read back through to confirm)...how'z 'bout bringing back the Carolina Cougars of the ABA days? Wouldn't be the first time a major pro-league team borrowed (lifted?) the identity of a former team, be it minor league or otherwise (I'm looking at the San Diego Padres here). From what I understand, fans in the Charlotte area really put their support behind that team back in those days, so I don't think fan support would be the issue (unless the next owner rubs folks the same way Bob Johnson did/might still be doing).

Plus, there's also this element: cats are fast runners, right? What else goes fast and is popular in the Carolina area? Race cars. (For Pete's sake, Rickey Bobby had a cougar in the backseat of his car in the movie--not that that's the best argument to support this post, but still...) I'm sure the next group that takes over can find some way to tie those two things--cats and racing--together to create a nice, new identity.

(In fact...I may have just given myself, or several other people, a creative spark for a future concept...)

Man, thanks to TV shows and the media, every time I think of the name "Cougar" now, I'm thinking of middle-aged women. <_< That being said, at least the "Carolina Cougars" name has a nice ring to it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However the NBA Store still has all Bobcats jerseys at 40% off, and the official Bobcats team shop on their website has no jerseys for sale at all. It just says "More items coming soon." So, new jerseys? Or just trying to get people to actually buy Bobcats merchandise?

I'm no marketing expert, but it seems like convincing people that you'll have a new jersey coming out soon would make them less likely to buy the current, soon-to-be-outdated version.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived