Toronto Group Seeks NHL Expansion Franchise

TAFKAK

Thought people would find this interesting, arena, team name, logo, colours, and jerseys are supposed to be announced tomorrow with (if approved) the team starting play in 2012.

Toronto 2 plans

The three will unveil how the team will honour "Canadian heroes while supporting cancer research, national scholarships and children's charities." Appearing with Carnegie tomorrow will be Paul Pelligrini of the Sussex Strategy Government Relations, an aide to former Toronto mayor and Liberal cabinet minister Art Eggleton; and Andrew Lopez of Toronto Legacy Group.
Tomorrow, the group will talk about its financing, donations, an economic impact review and also unveil the name of a team, arena, jersey, site plan and architect renderings.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let the guessing begin!

I'm hoping for Toronto Toros, but from the sound of it, it'll be the Toronto Heroes or the Toronto Legends...

(whatever they're called, chances are they'll drink from Lord Stanley's Cup before the Leafs do again!)

bYhYmxh.png

"...anna den we're gonna putta team on da moooooooooon!!!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

NHL Expansion: Bogota, Colombia

The "Bogata Cartel". I like it.

Bettman, make it happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Bad Idea jeans?

Try here --

Hulu -- Bad Idea Jeans

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

NHL Expansion: Bogota, Colombia

The "Bogata Cartel". I like it.

Bettman, make it happen.

One of the main sponsors: Coke?

Perhaps Red Bull Cola...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"...anna den we're gonna putta team on da moooooooooon!!!"

Picture1-2.png

"This is the moon blowing up, and this is me smiling!"

Let's see, where did I put that Ulodium pew-36 space modulator??????? Oh yeah, about 3:27 into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-t4en2wPE

Wait a minute...Is Canada trying to blow up the USA? (Because we block their view of Mexico?)

bYhYmxh.png

Thought people would find this interesting, arena, team name, logo, colours, and jerseys are supposed to be announced tomorrow with (if approved) the team starting play in 2012.

Toronto 2 plans

The three will unveil how the team will honour "Canadian heroes while supporting cancer research, national scholarships and children's charities." Appearing with Carnegie tomorrow will be Paul Pelligrini of the Sussex Strategy Government Relations, an aide to former Toronto mayor and Liberal cabinet minister Art Eggleton; and Andrew Lopez of Toronto Legacy Group.
Tomorrow, the group will talk about its financing, donations, an economic impact review and also unveil the name of a team, arena, jersey, site plan and architect renderings.

How about the Toronto Make-Believes? Toronto Saurus Rexes? OR Toronto Tontos?

No, really, the Toronto Mammoths.

Archived