NCAA Football top 25 redesign by chestnutz

chestnutz

The Utah logos look great, particularly the primary. Is there any particular reason you added the white stripe to the helmet and do you imagine it being candy-ish, like their currents?

Not sure what you mean? Why would adding a stripe make it look like candy? I really don't think their current one does.

I think he means the paint being candy coated. Like some cars.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is a good start, but there are a few things that bother me about the logos.

The first thing is how the feathers just kinda "float" on the side of the secondary logo and wordmarks. I think if you attached the little "fin" shape on top of the feathers to the corner of the "u," it would look a lot better.

My second quibble is the tertiary logo, which immediately made me think of Oklahoma.

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif

I don't have any complaints about the uniforms, and I can't wait to see the rest of these.

Well we have always had a tertiary logo similar to the one that he came up with so, I don't know why all the sudden it is reminding people of Oklahoma.

kylekorversig1if2.png

I think this is a good start, but there are a few things that bother me about the logos.

The first thing is how the feathers just kinda "float" on the side of the secondary logo and wordmarks. I think if you attached the little "fin" shape on top of the feathers to the corner of the "u," it would look a lot better.

My second quibble is the tertiary logo, which immediately made me think of Oklahoma.

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif

I don't have any complaints about the uniforms, and I can't wait to see the rest of these.

Well we have always had a tertiary logo similar to the one that he came up with so, I don't know why all the sudden it is reminding people of Oklahoma.

Anyways, AWESOME concept. I really love the use of just Red and White, it really just gives it a clean look very classic yet contemporary. The only thing is I'm not sure about the stripe at the top, but other than that I have no problem with this concept.

kylekorversig1if2.png

The uniforms look pretty good, as well as the logos for the most part. The one flaw I see in the logos is how the silver inline is off centered. It makes the logo feel unbalanced as a whole. Fix that and it'll look near perfect.

silver inline?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The uniforms look pretty good, as well as the logos for the most part. The one flaw I see in the logos is how the silver inline is off centered. It makes the logo feel unbalanced as a whole. Fix that and it'll look near perfect.

silver inline?

I wanted to say outline, but it is on the inside of the logo so I said inline. It is inside the red outline of the primary.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

That's one of my favorite parts. It really gives it some life in what would be an otherwise boring circle. I wouldn't change it.

The Florida concept is nearly flawless but the teritiary patch is unneccesary (sp?), so I'll give this an A in my book.

The Utah logos are good, while the uniforms seem too blocky to me and that the UA style piping at the collar is unneccesary here and you could do without it and continue the stripe down the pants to the bottom of the pants. I'm gonna give Utah a B- and go against what a lot of people think.

6fQjS3M.png

Thanks for the critiques, and suggestions for USC are always welcome.

On the silver inline: It's meant to be a shadow/accent. On the feathers, you'll notice the gray is above and to the left of the main part of the feather. I did the same with the ball so that it's all unified and one aspect of it isn't different from another.

spacer.png

Thanks for the critiques, and suggestions for USC are always welcome.

On the silver inline: It's meant to be a shadow/accent. On the feathers, you'll notice the gray is above and to the left of the main part of the feather. I did the same with the ball so that it's all unified and one aspect of it isn't different from another.

Now that I notice the shadow on the feathers it looks a little better, but if it supposed to be a shadow, the shadows are cast in opposite directions. Also, it might look more like a shadow if there is a very thin outline in between the red and silver.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I've found that the armor of Greek soldiers can be put to use as a sort of abstract piping design. Not to plug my own topic, but my Hartford Spartans concept kind of shows this.

As a comment on the Utes, the chest stripes are two blocky and not really aesthetically pleasing, I like how they look now, because they are sharper and more understated. Here's an example: http://tinyurl.com/utahjerseystripe . Otherwise, nice concept.

Alright, on to #3 after a bit of a hiatus, the classic USC Trojans.

I HATE the Trojans with a passion, just always have, but I can't deny how awesome their uniforms are. They're simple yet they work so well. I didn't go too far out of the box, but I did change them up quite a bit.

LOGOS

-Kept the same primary they have now with the Trojan head, but, as you'll notice in this concept, I added white to it. I think they could use some white in their set, so I added it to his face and part of the helmet.

-New secondary/tertiary logos. Different block font was used, but kept the interlocking SC. I wanted to find a way to incorporate white into the secondary, so I figured a bevel was the best way to do this. It's also done in the wordmark.

UNIFORMS

-Plain helmet, with the head on it alone.

-The jersey stripes are changed a bit. I had them start off big and square in the front, and curl back and continuing to get smaller until it looks like the stripe they currently have. To fit in with the bevel/white theme, I added a small streak of white inside of the yellow.

-The same treatment is given to the pants, only it's just one solid, constant width stripe, with the smaller white one inside of it.

Trojans-logos.png

Trojans-unis.png

I knew going into this that it'd be extremely tough to make people happy for USC, so I'm not expecting too many good comments :P Still, 5 or so of the next teams are all considered traditional and classic (Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama) so something's gotta give eventually.

spacer.png

I like this, but I was kind of disapointed because I was thinking you were going to use the mascots cuff patern :P, but I like the concept nonetheless.

Since I didnt Comment on the other two I just want to say I love both of them, especially the Utah one, at first I wasnt sure about it but the more I look at it the more I like it. I will really be looking foward to number 6 :D since there are never any Alabama Concepts. Nice Work so far!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived