NCAA Football top 25 redesign by chestnutz

chestnutz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I got the pattern (at least close to it) from the jersey they wore a few years back.

But really, no other C&C besides pointing out that my pattern is wrong? Alrighty.

To me, your use of grey seems unbalanced. It's all concentrated in the shoulder/sleeve area of the jerseys. I think grey facemasks would be the right amount of grey for the helmets. I know I'm usually anti-grey facemask, but if grey is in the concept, it works. I would also think about putting a little grey into the pants. The Elephant logos are great (I've always like them), but they aren't being used in any capacity. I know Bama has a lot of tradition, but I think you could use more artistic license.

P.S. Love the Texas update. I especially like the helmets.

I love the Bama Concept, it's something I've tried a couple times with them but mine was different. I love the logos though, Im usually for Alabama adding some black but what you did looks awesome. As for the Pattern being wrong, that wasn't the first thing that caught my eye, it seems gray instead of black and the uniforms they had a couple years back had a darker color, but the pattern is a little bit different too. Heres a picture you could use.

AlabamaHoundstoothCollarJersey.jpg

EDIT- Oh and Bear Bryant actuall were both a plaid pattern and a houndtooth pattern.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

It's not horsetooth, it's houndstooth, and it doesn't look like what you've got there. It's generally a tessellating pattern, not just crosshatched lines. On top of that, Bear Bryant didn't even wear a houndstooth-patterned hat. He wore a hat with a simple gingham plaid pattern.

NSAPNL6_LARGE.JPG

Haha, http://ballhype.com/story/bear_bryant_did_...ar_houndstooth/.

Chestnutz, I love the Texas concept.

As for the Alabama concept, I see what you're going for. I like it, but I don't love it though.

I don't think the gray is contrasting enough from the white on the collar, which is why I think black may be the way to go.

Right now the collar kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. Just because there's no gray in the rest of the uniform at all.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's not horsetooth, it's houndstooth, and it doesn't look like what you've got there. It's generally a tessellating pattern, not just crosshatched lines. On top of that, Bear Bryant didn't even wear a houndstooth-patterned hat. He wore a hat with a simple gingham plaid pattern.

NSAPNL6_LARGE.JPG

Coach Bryant wore many different hats in his career. He wore a plain fedora early in his carerr, then migrated to the houndstooth and plaid.

he had some plain plaid and some plaid with houndstooth in the stripes. His last game as coach, he actuallhy wore a tan baseball cap.

While the houndstooth is the pattern that has become a symbol, he never was exclusive to any design or pattern.

Alright, just seeing how this goes over...

UPDATE 1

-Gray facemask

-Changed numbers on home to gray, and sleeve logo and wordmark on away to gray

-Added small gray stripe on pants

-Changed houndstooth to maroon, hopefully it won't stick out so much now

Tide-unis-1.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I love these, wish we could take the field in them, the crimson houndstooth looks really good. No crazy about the Gray numbers on the home but it still looks good. Although I did just notice you changed the pants stripe, looks nice but I really like the current pants, I wouldn't mind red pants for the away either, but I bet your ready to move on so Nice Job again.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I love the red houndstooth. For the homes, I would try white numbers to match the helmet, and grey wordmark/sleeve logos. Also, for the roads, I would use the darker of the two greys from the elephant logos. It's hard to see light grey on white. I also dig the grey mask, it works for them.

Alright, just seeing how this goes over...

UPDATE 1

-Gray facemask

-Changed numbers on home to gray, and sleeve logo and wordmark on away to gray

-Added small gray stripe on pants

-Changed houndstooth to maroon, hopefully it won't stick out so much now

Tide-unis-1.png

Looks good, but i have a few suggestions...

-with the houndstooth, make it about half as thin on the collar and remove from cuffs.

-white numbers on home, take off the "A" and put numbers there instead.

-Put the "A" on the pants.

-remove "ALABAMA" from chest.

-add conference patch.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived