LA Kings

chickenfish13

OK, guys. I have been meaning to do a concept for a while now, but have been busy. I have had the time to design something recently, and wanted to do this. I redesigned the LA Kings logo. Before anyone says anything, I do not think that their current logo NEEDS to be redesigned, but I wanted to take a crack at it. I used their old color scheme, while keeping silver in the mix. No team uses Purple and Yellow, so it was something different. My crown is based off the crown in the old alternate logo, the king that everyone hates. I modified it a bit, and gave it some accents. I feel I may get ripped up on it, but I wanted to try.

Thanks for viewing, enjoy and please critique.

lakings.png

....UPDATE....

g6685.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a solid start. I think if you added some depth to it somehow it would help immensely. I really like the sun in the middle, maybe even make it a bit bigger. I think the accents could be more curved-crescenty rather than half-circle like. For reference, look at my Utah concept and the accent on the circle in the primary logo is what I mean.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The spheres on the crown are MUCH too large IMO. And it needs more depth and accents like chestnutz said; to make it pop more and not seem so bland. I really like the color scheme though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

That's a good start on the lion. The back front paw and the head could use a little work. The highlights are a bit random-no consistent lights source, which makes it a bit confusing. Also, you said you wanted to be unique with the colors, but this reminds me a lot of the Lakers.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

That's a good start on the lion. The back front paw and the head could use a little work. The highlights are a bit random-no consistent lights source, which makes it a bit confusing. Also, you said you wanted to be unique with the colors, but this reminds me a lot of the Lakers.

It might be kinda laker-ish, I meant unique to the NHL.

I like this set alot, but I dont like how the Lion is still wearing shades, I would go with an actual eye instead.

I took away the extension from the eye/lens, didn't think it was very shade-ish looking. Is it a big enough deal that I should change it? What do you think?

It's a solid start. I think if you added some depth to it somehow it would help immensely. I really like the sun in the middle, maybe even make it a bit bigger. I think the accents could be more curved-crescenty rather than half-circle like. For reference, look at my Utah concept and the accent on the circle in the primary logo is what I mean.

What Utah concept? Where? :unsure: Nevermind...found it.

By the Way, it's a good concept. As much as I despise the Lakers, the Kings need to go back to purple/gold; they'd be the only team in the NHL with that look.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived