WWE Summerslam gets a new logo

BadSeed84

Neither one is even a little bit good. If they want the event to be considered one of the "major events", then they really need a more classy, serious-looking logo to go along with it. A modernization of the late '80s logo would work well. These just look really "cheap" (and one reminds me of Sprite.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Neither one is even a little bit good. If they want the event to be considered one of the "major events", then they really need a more classy, serious-looking logo to go along with it. A modernization of the late '80s logo would work well. These just look really "cheap" (and one reminds me of Sprite.)

Quoted for truth. They both look like something one of the idiots I go to design school would create. Then again, the only thing the WWE has going for it?at least, design-wise?is their video game covers. Everything else they do looks Busch League.

Sigs are for sissies.

summerslam2009.jpg

Major downgrade

I could see them using a generic looking logo, like this one, on a PPV like the Great American Bash or something, but not for an event like SummerSlam. The "Sprite logo" was a classic (IMO), and they kicked it to the curb for THIS??

Bottom line: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

6uXNWAo.png

Looking at it more, it looks like a cheap fireworks or carinval logo.

Looks like a horrible tasting energy drink logo...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looking at it more, it looks like a cheap fireworks or carinval logo.

Looks like a horrible tasting energy drink logo...

Looks like SummerSlam, presented by Stacker 2.

Too bad this was used for Wrestlemania, because this would make a fantastic SummerSlam logo:

WrestleMania%20XXIV%20Wallpaper.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Considering the style the advertisement's done in, in an old hand-drawn wrestling poster style, I think the logo fits and I like it.

And the sprite-esque logo sucked.

Gotta agree with this. I can see what they were going for, but the execution is perhaps a little off.

And the Sprite logo did suck. It was too pointy, wispy and abstract for my liking. Good riddance.

Archived