NHL Logos for Sportslogos.net

AsM29

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a high resolution picture of an older version of the Penguins logo. (Stolen from the letsgopens.com forums)

6c24ca58.jpg

It'd be great to have a nice clean version of that on the site.

the one on the site is alright it just needs to be color optimized, the shade of gold looks yellow and not the orangish gold that they used.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

the one on the site is alright it just needs to be color optimized, the shade of gold looks yellow and not the orangish gold that they used.

The one on the site is just the current logo recolored. The one on that jersey is completely different.

The one on the site is just the current logo recolored. The one on that jersey is completely different.

I wouldnt say completely.... but yes, it it different.

a2d8dbb9.png

Everything from the proportions of the penguin (the legs, chest, head, beak, feet) to the gloves, the flipper thing, the distance between the right leg and the edge of the triangle, the eye, the stick. I'd say just about everything is different. Not to mention that the logo on the site isn't even completely recolored. There are still a few pieces of vegas gold in the right skate and underneath the right leg.

Thanks for posting the Seals logos, particularly Sparky.

Hockey in Oakland in the 70's...the team sucked, but those blue/green uniforms and white skates...they were ahead of their time :D

You could check out anytime you like, but you could never leave.

I think we're going way overboard here.

There are several logo's here that are not officially trademarked by individual teams and/or were not used by them in any official capacity.

Why should a promotional logo for a third party that incorporates an official NHL logo be included in a team's logo section?

The mighty ducks logo is another example. The movie has nothing to do with the team and any brands associated with the movie should not be included here. This is a sports logo website. If we're going to start including movie logos then we may as well include fan art because they are just as irrelevant.

Which brings me to another issue: A number of the vintage NHL logos that have been redrawn recently have been substantially modernized. While I do agree that they look really nice and they are an obvious improvement, these logos are not historically accurate. I really don't believe it is responsible for a resource that is as trusted as this website to put this stuff out there. If we're going to submit logos they should be as historically accurate as possible.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I think we're going way overboard here.

There are several logo's here that are not officially trademarked by individual teams and/or were not used by them in any official capacity.

Why should a promotional logo for a third party that incorporates an official NHL logo be included in a team's logo section?

The mighty ducks logo is another example. The movie has nothing to do with the team and any brands associated with the movie should not be included here. This is a sports logo website. If we're going to start including movie logos then we may as well include fan art because they are just as irrelevant.

Which brings me to another issue: A number of the vintage NHL logos that have been redrawn recently have been substantially modernized. While I do agree that they look really nice and they are an obvious improvement, these logos are not historically accurate. I really don't believe it is responsible for a resource that is as trusted as this website to put this stuff out there. If we're going to submit logos they should be as historically accurate as possible.

I respect your opinion and agree with nim. But, I have a small correction ....

Example of Ducks. Movie Disney studio has been, which was the actual owner of the team. You could consider this logo as a prototype of the oficial logo Ducks. Moreover, it logo raised as an exception.

If you see the historical inaccuracies in the logo, let's discuss them and to correct, for this here and organized the forum. This is normal and correct. So we can maximize the accuracy of all material.

Upgrading process the old logos is on the basis of historical and official documents and photos.To criticize another's work is very easy, if you really want to help - join. People with forum and website are doing everything to preserve history.

Archived