China Baseball League Logos

Cram Chowder

For a bunch of logos made from a similar template, I'd say the one that stands out is the Shanghai Eagles.

The Eagles' logo is the only one with a wordmark that looks like it really belongs on the crest, the only wordmark which is displayed against a solid background.

Also, I like that one of the eagle's wings comes up around the back of the logo. Though I think that the eagle could be tilted counterclockwise a bit, to make the wings point to 11:00 and 1:00, which would balance the logo a little better.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Looks like more Japanese baseball design influence than American. Overall, pretty bad, though. Likely the equivalent of A or AA baseball here in scope.

Well considering how small and young the league is, it's about what you'd expect. It should be fun watching it grow and develop over the years, since there appears to be some serious baseball interest within China.

These logos just perfectly illustrate what's wrong with central planning. They are to logos as the East German Trabant was to cars. A reminder the next time any of us gets the urge to say that a new logo looks like it was designed by a committee: This is what it looks like when logos are designed by a central committee. These aren't bad, per se, but neither are they any good. They have all the virtues of a set of logos designed for the lead characters in a children's cartoon and toy line.

If I had to choose from among the identical commodities that are these logos to cheer for a team, I'd go with the Hopestars. Presumably, it's like a Battlestar, but softer and with more pastel.

20082614447.png

I like the Tianjin Lions logo. The owners better watch out though, because they're going to have to change their uniforms to say "Lins" pretty soon if they don't stop that ferocious-looking lion from chomping on their pretty little logo.

oh thank god someone decided to make a political stand here

Apologies -- I didn't mean that to be political. I meant the political bit to be tongue-in-cheek, thus the reference to the Trabi, which is a hilariously bad car. The rest of my comment deals with the by-committee nature of the design, which has nothing to do with politics.

20082614447.png

I sorta like the Tigers' logo. Personally, I've never really liked the realistic-looking tiger logos used by American teams (like LSU or Detroit Tigers), so Beijing's embellished tiger has some charm (then again, a higher res pic w/ more details may sway me on that point). Also, I would've thought Beijing, being the capital city, would've had the yellow-red color combo. When I first saw it, I actually thought of the Yomiuri Giants.

I sorta like the Tigers' logo. Personally, I've never really liked the realistic-looking tiger logos used by American teams (like LSU or Detroit Tigers), so Beijing's embellished tiger has some charm (then again, a higher res pic w/ more details may sway me on that point).

Yeah that's pretty much what I liked about it. It's definitely the only unique thing about any of these logos, except for the use of a leaf for the Hopestars.

(WTF is up with the fingers?!)

I believe that is both a wing and a talon. Apparently, in China, eagles have talons on their wings like bats.

(I jest. I actually find that mascot deeply charming in all its small-time glory. Brings back memories of watching single-A baseball in the late 1970s.)

Anyway, we need to see photos of the Hopestars and their mascot.

20082614447.png

A few uni pics from flickr:

51040802_84f9aabca6_o.jpg

Ooh! The ultimate mistake!

(WTF is up with the fingers?!)

Looks like a chicken more than an eagle. Maybe if I saw it with the head on - but I doubt it.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived