Hockey Canada 2010 Jersey Update

wesdog82

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, I would have prefer the stem of the leaf to be there, but it is how the Hockey Canada logo is designed

After reading this again

What gets me about the Aboriginal/native design trend is that it only represents a portion of Canada. It's about as "national" a design element as the trillium or the fleurs-de-lis.

And the stars? I'm not ready to say "they'll look like Team USA" yet, as there are a couple of different ways to design stars. I just think they'll look cluttered.

I would have just replaced the hockey player with two crossed hockey sticks and called it a day. Everything else seems unnecessary.

I noticed some of the elements of the logo, an aboriginal/native design... plus a fleur-de-lis and a pair crossed hockey sticks... in fact, there are two! That's more than day, right there :D

I saw, I came, I left.

That one is cool... wonder if that logo can be vertored? I'm interesting in seeing it...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

fill me in here...what is the relevance of that design inside of the maple leaf?

Looks like a bunch of first nations art. Saving the image and blowing it up reveals a bunch of animals in it, Moose, whales, salmon, and I guess the bird is either an eagle or the thunderbird from first nations mythology.

I'm guessing, maple leaf + fleur de lis + first nations art are supposed to represent the three founding cultures of Canada, as shown by all those other symbols being contained within the maple leaf.

Am I the only one to think that these are horrible?

I didn't like the jersey cut to begin with. Extending the shoulder yoke and moving the numbers up to be within it looks bad enough. With no Hockey Canada logo and the lame watermark-patterned stemless leaf it just makes it worse.

Team Canada sweaters of the past have proven that you can make a great and unique looking jersey with only red and white. It'll be a shame to see them win the gold in these. They could have had something really iconic.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Am I the only one to think that these are horrible?

I didn't like the jersey cut to begin with. Extending the shoulder yoke and moving the numbers up to be within it looks bad enough. With no Hockey Canada logo and the lame watermark-patterned stemless leaf it just makes it worse.

Team Canada sweaters of the past have proven that you can make a great and unique looking jersey with only red and white. It'll be a shame to see them win the gold in these. They could have had something really iconic.

No, I agree that these aren't exactly great. I really like the most recent template but the shoulders on the white jerseys have been an eyesore since they changed them and I think they'd look infinitely better if they simply fixed that element. I've also never been a fan of the black/red Hockey Canada logo from day one and find this 'olympic' logo to be just as uninspired. It is frustrating considering some of the nicer logos of the past that could easily be updated or tweaked. They really need to lose the over sized red shoulders and put some actual design effort into a sharper looking logo, and not just for the olympics. It just looks a bit lazy especially for a host country.

zzPEfBm.png

So, are they allowed to have the hockey canada logo on the sleeves (looks like it is lower then the normal shoulder logo) but not on the front of the jersey? Or are they going to have to remove that sleeve logo also? Its on the left sleeve looking at the jersey.

The shoulder logo (hockey canada logo) is only on the replica jerseys.

I miss the "retro-leaf" logo. To me, it would have been better to keep that one in between the sleeve stripes.

Any word on what Slovakia's bringing out for 2010?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived