Hockey Canada 2010 Jersey Update

wesdog82

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain to me why this was such a "long and trying" process. Supposedly there were different jersey designs submitted. This is the SAME jersey, with a slightly different logo, and the Vancouver patch on one sleeve. What a bunch of buildup over nothing. Uniform/logo people like us are probably going to be the only ones who actually notice a difference. And I thought the Hockey Canada logo wasnt allowed to appear on the jersey at all?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I personally love the print out in the logo. Canada has a long tradition of heraldic symbols and to apply that to an Olympic team logo is just great. As for the jersey template, the red one is average and I don't like the big red shoulder band (as I dont like the Phoenix white jersey... you see). To me, Canada has three classic jerseys: The RCAF from the 40s, the 80s Canada Cup set and the 2002 gold winning jerseys. :flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Change? What change? This is the same damn jersey! What kind of charade is this?

As for the "new" logo....I dont get this indian stuff at all. What does it have to do with Canada? It has more to do with the exact opposite of Canada if you ask me. I don't see Team USA trying to be the Blackhawks, or Team Russia putting Kalmuk, Tatar, or Kanty artwork on their jerseys.

Oh wait, Canada has no national identity. There we go.

Anyway, as for the artwork...whats up with the two headed eagle in the center? How is that Canadian? It more reminds me of...

1224147076r7n0K7.jpg

Can someone explain to me why this was such a "long and trying" process. Supposedly there were different jersey designs submitted. This is the SAME jersey, with a slightly different logo, and the Vancouver patch on one sleeve. What a bunch of buildup over nothing. Uniform/logo people like us are probably going to be the only ones who actually notice a difference. And I thought the Hockey Canada logo wasnt allowed to appear on the jersey at all?

It can't be the crest.

My guess the long trying process was that they tried to negotiate use of the Hockey Canada logo as the crest and then couldn't do that so had to come up with a slightly different design.

I love the white Canada jerseys but I wish the red shoulder area wasn't that big. Make it like the Leafs alternate jersey and its perfect.

The red one is nice but the logo doesnt stand out, I wouldnt mind seeing a white maple leaf on the red jersey.

No third jersey?

Also, Id have to say these jerseys with the Hockey Canada logo are my favourite Canada jerseys along with the 2002 jerseys and the new alternate jerseys the junior team wore.

beLEAF

I hate that native stuff in that logo, when the world comes to Vancouver they will see a lot of asians and indo-canadians here, it's a multicultural province, it's absolutely retarded that they went all native with the logo.

Pisses me off.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I hate that native stuff in that logo, when the world comes to Vancouver they will see a lot of asians and indo-canadians here, it's a multicultural province, it's absolutely retarded that they went all native with the logo.

Pisses me off.

I usually hate when they do that as well, however I do liek what they have done with the logo.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Pisses me off.

valid point on the melting pot culture, but maybe the VANOC native angle (with the inukshuk logo etc....) that seems to have been taken may have been the reason why this particular design was chosen?

Who apart from Hockey Canada if at all were involved in the design and final decision? IOC, VANOC? Might explain the design perhaps.

I was quite surprised that my local SportChek has these jerseys for sale already (for $135!). I saw them there last night. I'm not fond of the fact that all the symbols are sublimated, would have been nicer if they were all stitched in. There are a few weird differences between these and the ones they used up until now. For one, at least on the replica jerseys, the collars are now elastic and the stripes on the sleeves and torso feel almost like plastic. Also the "number panels" on the shoulders are wider than the shoulder panels, so they don't line up. (only noticable on the white jersey, and you can see them in the original pics on page 2 of this thread, but still awkward.)

I didn't really like the jerseys much to begin with (though the red one is passable, and as such, I own one), I would have been happy if they just used the alternate leaf logo they used for their third jerseys from 2002 till 2007, which I love.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

They are really blah for me. They have done great with simply red and white in the past. To me these jerseys (more specifically, the logo) look like the cheap knock-offs that you can find at Wal-Mart, Zellers, etc. My only question is - Will they still wear the black helmets and black pants? or are gone gonna go all red and white?

Ugh, I just threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this. What a joke. First they botch the 2010 logo, the original for the proposal was nice, then they flip it on everyone. Weak.

What, you don't like the Michelin man olympic logo? :D

I just looked it up, and indians make up 5% of the population of BC....how is that proportional representation?

Archived