09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only real thing they'd bring to the Canucks, especially if the twins bolt, is experience. Considering the Canucks had 0 guys on the team with Stanley Cup rings this season, they'd bring that little something something that helps them over the hump, if they get that far.

For the record, I can see Luongo being moved right after the Olympic break .Gillis loves Jason Labarbera, and this is probably the year that Cory Schneider is able to make the jump from best-goalie-in-the-AHL to the big time. If those two do enough to give the Canucks a chance to win every night, then Luongo is going back east, likely for scoring and picks.

Luongo still hasn't said he wants to stay in Vancouver, and has stammered a lot when asked if he'd consider signing an extension after this season. To me, that means the Canucks need to get something for him rather than lose him as a UFA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If Luongo doesn't sign a contract in the summer the Canucks need to begin taking phone calls.

Nothing will be done until after the Olympics. If they get rid of him before, and he ends up starting for Team Canada, there'll be a PR nightmare.

Plus, Pratt on the Team 1040 afternoon show will never shut up, that self-fellating blowhard.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Penguins to pursue Beauchemin in July?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit090610.html

Lemaire interested in Devils' job?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/njd090612.html

Top 3 Picks to move? Biron done in Philly, Kessel Offer sheet?, Spezza staying

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2664...and-choose.html

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

the way i see it Schneiders no better than Luongo, great in the regular season (AHL Goalie of the Year) and cant seal the deal in the playoffs. :D btw both the Stingrays (ECHL) and the Bears (AHL), the Caps affiliates won their respective leagues titles this year, its our turn!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah I saw the Score link as well.

Until it's on TSN I won't believe it just yet.

And also it's questionable if Johnson was going to come back to LA. I heard he was unhappy there and was thinking of possibly jumping to the KHL. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but we'll see.

Also he's an RFA if I'm not mistaken, and so even if he does leave the Ducks would hold his rights, or if he gets signed away on an offer sheet the Ducks don't match, they get more draft picks out of the deal.

Chris Pronger is 35 and only has one year left on his current contract as well...

I guess if this actually goes down, I won't be completely unhappy. It always sucks to lose a player of Pronger's caliber. I just hope that with the saved money we can keep Niedermayer here for one more season, re-sign Beauchemin (he wants to test the free agent market, Montreal is a possible destination), keep Wisniewski (the guy was nothing but grit, skill, and class since his trade here. Love the guy) and sign a 2nd line center, all the while building for the future with these draft picks.

Where are you people hearing this crap about Jack Johnson? What do you all listen to and read Toronto papers where they have nothing to do but make up rumors? Jack Johnson was happy with the Kings and vise versa. Why would the Kings trade a young defenseman for an aging defenseman? I'm not saying Pronger is horrible, but why trade a young player for an older player going down? Besides, why get Pronger when the Kings can sign Beauchemin and really screw the Ducks by taking their #1 defenseman? If you don't believe he was, then why were the Ducks average while he was out and so good when he came back? So why haven't y'all posted the truth yet? Anybody with hockey sense would laugh at the stupidity of this proposed trade.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...de-rumor-1.html

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=12887 (Scroll down.)

At the time it was a very strong rumor reported by a few sources.

Since then, the Ducks, Kings, and Chris Pronger have all vehemently denied that this was happeneing.

I just hadn't got around to posting it yet.

And I don't remember where I heard the Jack Johnson was unhappy stuff, I just remember reading it or hearing it from more than one place.

If it hadn't been reported in multiple places that it was going down, I wouldn't have even started to believe it.

The Ducks and Kings have made ONE, count it, ONE trade in their history with each other. J.S. Aubin to the Ducks, for a 4th round pick or something like that.

If it hadn't been in multiple places, I wouldn't have believed it in the slightest for that main reason. The Ducks have no reason to give away talented players to the Kings, and the Kings have no reason to give away their talent and future to the Ducks. If there weren't multiple sources saying it was happeneing, there would be no way in hell a trade like this would have happened.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's not that Jack Johnson is unhappy, it's that his father has taken over his representation (from an agent that was well-respected), and his father, by all accounts, is one of those overbearing, get involved in their son's success type of guys. He's the one that would be causing any trouble.

So what Jack Johnson's father took over as his agent. I love how people assume that just because a player moves agents that there's something wrong with the player. A good agent will tell a player, "If I'm not filling you're needs, you need to find an agent that does." You call Jack Johnson's father over-bearing, but do you know him? I didn't think so. Oh what are you using the complaints from the Hurricanes who wanted Jack to sign immediately when he wanted to play another season at Michigan? The same team that would constantly nag him to sign and would call while he was in class at Michigan? Stop reading these so-called reliable sources who make up rumors while on the can. I'm sorry, but not everything on the internet is reliable, including so-called reliable sources. If they're so reliable why not ask them where they got their information from. I'm taking one wild guess they are sitting in a bar drinking and some drunk fan says that he heard from his brother who heard from a friend who is the GM's son-in-law, and that's when the GM doesn't have a daughter. Oh and for people's information, the Kings and Ducks have made three trades. The first was J.S. Aubin to the Ducks for a 2008 7th round choice on February 26, 2008. Acquired a first round pick on draft day in the 2008 draft from Anaheim, (#12) for two first round picks in 2008 (#17 and 28). Acquired Sean O'Donnell from Anaheim fora conditional pick in the 2009 draft. The last one with O.D., I forgot about. I just don't see why the Kings would trade Jack Johnson down the freeway. If they were to do anything, sign a #1 free agent defenseman and trade two of your young defensemen for a sniper, maybe trade them to two different teams along with picks and get Heatly, #4 out of Tampa, and or #17 out of Atlanta. The Kings are so far under the cap and have so much young talent and picks that they are sitting prime to pick up top level talent. I just don't know how many times I've heard reliable sources not be reliable. They are only reliable after the trade is actually made, until then they are unreliable and rumor are like arm pits, everyone has a couple stinky ones on them for the public to smell.

So what Jack Johnson's father took over as his agent. I love how people assume that just because a player moves agents that there's something wrong with the player.

lindrosB.jpg

"Hey, if I can't trust them, who can I trust?"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah I saw the Score link as well.

Until it's on TSN I won't believe it just yet.

And also it's questionable if Johnson was going to come back to LA. I heard he was unhappy there and was thinking of possibly jumping to the KHL. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but we'll see.

Also he's an RFA if I'm not mistaken, and so even if he does leave the Ducks would hold his rights, or if he gets signed away on an offer sheet the Ducks don't match, they get more draft picks out of the deal.

Chris Pronger is 35 and only has one year left on his current contract as well...

I guess if this actually goes down, I won't be completely unhappy. It always sucks to lose a player of Pronger's caliber. I just hope that with the saved money we can keep Niedermayer here for one more season, re-sign Beauchemin (he wants to test the free agent market, Montreal is a possible destination), keep Wisniewski (the guy was nothing but grit, skill, and class since his trade here. Love the guy) and sign a 2nd line center, all the while building for the future with these draft picks.

Where are you people hearing this crap about Jack Johnson? What do you all listen to and read Toronto papers where they have nothing to do but make up rumors? Jack Johnson was happy with the Kings and vise versa. Why would the Kings trade a young defenseman for an aging defenseman? I'm not saying Pronger is horrible, but why trade a young player for an older player going down? Besides, why get Pronger when the Kings can sign Beauchemin and really screw the Ducks by taking their #1 defenseman? If you don't believe he was, then why were the Ducks average while he was out and so good when he came back? So why haven't y'all posted the truth yet? Anybody with hockey sense would laugh at the stupidity of this proposed trade.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...de-rumor-1.html

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...ge&id=12887 (Scroll down.)

Oh yes, all we do is make up stuff up here because we have nothing better to do.

Get off your high horse.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hey Neon, do YOU make up the rumors? If not, then I'm not talking about you. Excuse me, oh I forgot, no one say anything bad about Toronto ever, because it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you aren't making up the rumors, then why are you offended. You know that Toronto hockey media is ridiculous and when they aren't complaining about how bad the Leafs are, they are making up rumors. Then again that's all Canadian hockey media, if they aren't complaining about their team they make up rumors.

Damn, both?

The allure of the Sedins is the package deal, their ability to communicate with each other on the ice with that sort of telepathic ability that twins supposedly have. (I almost believe it, my twin cousins get downright freaky with finishing each others sentences, knowing what each other is going to do, etc.) Getting one or the other would be like buying a single shoe, it might be a very nice shoe and works well, but it works even better as a set.

So, if Dany Heatly really does want out of Ottawa where should the Senators send him? It would have to be a team with a buttload of cap room. I've heard Edmonton and LA are in the mix. Where would you like to see him go and what do you think Ottawa should be looking for??

LA - should seek Frolov, a young D - Hickey's a realistic option, though he and Sens prospect Erik Karlsson are both smaller puck-moving D . . . Teubert instead if they want a physical D-man, and either a draft pick, one of the Kings young goalies, or a young forward like Boyle or Purcell.

Rumor: Sedin twins to Toronto for draft picks.

(Of course, it's fake).

Why trade when Burke can wait until July 1 and get them for nothing?

There must be something more to this.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived