09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rumor: Sedin twins to Toronto for draft picks.

(Of course, it's fake).

Link? I don't even see this posted on the Canucks own board and they post Eklund stuff there.

Yeah, I made it up. Guess the second line is too invisible.

Sedins' agent offers 12 years, $63 million per to Canucks; Canucks reject.

The Swedish reporter who broke the story also mentioned that although the twins' agent offered this, the twins may have designs on going back to Sweden in a few years and finishing out their careers at home; if so, then this is all a decent starting point in getting the twins to re-sign in Vancouver.

I heard all of this on the radio at lunch.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

NHL Awards Show Results:

Calder: Steve Mason

Pearsons: Ovechkin

Selke: Datsyuk

Masterton: Steve Sullivan

Jennings: Thomas & Fernandez (BOS)

Lady Byng: Datsyuk

Clancy: Moreau (EDM)

Fan Fave: Luongo

Vezina: Thomas

Adams: Julien

Messier (Leadership): Iginla

Norris: Chara

Richard: Ovechkin (again)

Lifetime achievement: Jean Belliveau

Hart: Ovechkin (again)

does anyone see how empty this place is? there is NO ONE there, almost all the seats in the background are empty

This award show is a snooze fest.

Also, it's very weird that the awards aren't in Canada :flagcanada:

Man, I swear NHL.com said 8:30 EST earlier for these awards. So I go flip it on and they're about over. Damn.

Was really hoping Andy Murray would get the Jack Adams. It was one of those things were he did more with less. And at the same time, should Claude Julien be punished because he took a team that came with high expectations and fulfilled them? So I can't really complain.

Man, I swear NHL.com said 8:30 EST earlier for these awards. So I go flip it on and they're about over. Damn.

Was really hoping Andy Murray would get the Jack Adams. It was one of those things were he did more with less. And at the same time, should Claude Julien be punished because he took a team that came with high expectations and fulfilled them? So I can't really complain.

Well it makes up for getting fired by Lou before the 07 playoffs started.

These awards have been terrible! A less than enthusiastic crowd (in Vegas? Surprise!), no MC, presenters who can't read a teleprompter (or speak english), drug on awards acceptance speeches (Chara), Chaka Khan?!?!...

Move them back to Toronto, have Ron Maclean host, have yourself a watchable, enjoyable awards show.

This has been the worst NHL Awards I have ever seen.

The fact that no one showed up let alone it feels like they are having the awards in a library.

At least in Toronto they is a section for fans to show up. It just feels unorganized, and just very quite, i mean they might as well just showed it on-line.

But honestly, what was GB thinking ? Bored sitting behind his desk, and figured he had to change it up , let alone the first time, but this is just out right madness.

Either he hates Canada, or just out to ruin the NHL.

And whats with the elevator music !

4kv29i.jpg

Either he hates Canada, or just out to ruin the NHL.

Option 3....He doesn't want to give some nutbar "fan" an opportunity to go Lee Harvey Oswald on his ass.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is some great news the Calgary Flames are in discussion to have the 2nd Outdoor game on New Years Day and Great for Iggy winning the Messier he's very deserving.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282276

If this does happen I'll be the first in line.

I saw that earlier.

I mean really, NHL? You have a great thing going here, don't try to over saturate the populous with it. The once a year schtick really makes this event even better than it already is. The exclusivity of being selected to play I think made it something really fun as a fan of a particular team to watch.

Now to play devils advocate here, there's a lot of money to be made at these type of events so thinking that way it is a great a idea.

Over time though, don't you have to think that it's going to sour with the non-hockey fan faster with double the games?

NHL Awards Show Results:

Fan Five: Luongo

It was actually called the "Fan Fav" award.

Jeremy Roenick is just an idiot and can't read the teleprompter. He said Fan Fav the first time messed up on a sentence and said Fan Five for the introduction of it. It was only emblazoned on the award he was holding and on the giant video screens behind him... whatever...

Horrible horrible horrible awards show.

Like some one said, move it back to Toronto (or give it to someplace that actually has a hockey team or a place with hockey fans. Hell L.A. would have been a better choice than Vegas. Ducks/Kings/transplant fans. Hell, I'd go. anyways), have Ron McLean host it again, and get some rock band to be the band, not a jazz band and Chaka Khan (Really?!?! There was NOBODY else?!?!). The whole Vegas showy thing got old quick. They tried to make it like a real awards show, like the Grammy's or something. But you can't do that in what felt like a high school gym.

I love hockey and hockey players, but some of the people in the hockey world are the least entertaining and stiff people. Having them read or talk or anything else like that in an environment they are no where near used to or comfortable with is just painful.

It was an experiment to branch out the game and hold the awards in a cool place with other activities to do outside the actual show, but c'mon. Most of these guys were with their families (some like Bobby Ryan and Mike Green too their mothers) they aren't going to party Vegas hard. If you want fans to come to it, have other activites around the event like they do at the ASG with the exhibits and whatever else.

And please NHL... for god sakes... Give Heidi Androl and Carrie Milbank more airtime please :D:P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

NHL Awards Show Results:

Fan Five: Luongo

It was actually called the "Fan Fav" award.

Jeremy Roenick is just an idiot and can't read the teleprompter. He said Fan Fav the first time messed up on a sentence and said Fan Five for the introduction of it. It was only emblazoned on the award he was holding and on the giant video screens behind him... whatever...

And please NHL... for god sakes... Give Heidi Androl and Carrie Milbank more airtime please :D:P

Dang typos, it's fixed; and seconded.

Archived