09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

God I can't wait until 3:00...my calendar needs more dates circled...

And you may be asking why I care so much when the darn schedule comes out, but the earlier it comes out, the earlier I can make travel arrangements for a potential trip to another city/cities...I'd love to do maybe a Western Canada trip or something if the Rangers are there at the right time.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious! The pic on nhl.com is showing how the rink will be positioned in Fenway... But the Bruins jersey below the green monster is down!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

maybe another outdoor game. i looked at the flames schedule and they play the leafs on saturday jan 2 2010 (at 7pm). that might be a date for another outdoor game.

The league has announced there is only one outdoor game, have they not?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

maybe another outdoor game. i looked at the flames schedule and they play the leafs on saturday jan 2 2010 (at 7pm). that might be a date for another outdoor game.

The league has announced there is only one outdoor game, have they not?

Yeah the second game went to Montreal but it's not really an outdoor game though

After looking at the Flames schedule it's a lot nicer to us this time seeing we don't have the brier the longest road trip is in late November-early December and gets interupted 2 games in when we play Phoenix on the 25th.

Play at Washington on March 28th I wonder if that's an NBC game oh the mystery.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

NHL, NBC extend agreement to end of 2010-2011 Season.

BOSTON (AP)?The NHL and NBC have agreed to a two-year extension of their television contract that will keep the league on the network from the 2010 Winter Classic at Fenway Park through the end of the 2010-11 season.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman made the announcement on Wednesday at the home of the Boston Red Sox, where the Bruins will play the Philadelphia Flyers in the annual outdoor game that has become a New Year?s Day tradition since it started in 2008.

Bettman said the deal was ?basically? the same as the previous agreement, which started in January 2006 and called for the league and the network to share revenue. NBC said it would broadcast up to five games of the Stanley Cup finals.

?We are both very happy with the relationship we have,? Bettman said. ?We?re delighted with the coverage NBC has given us, and we know that NBC is happy to have us in their stable of sports properties.?

NBC reached several milestones under the agreement: Last winter?s outdoor game at Wrigley Field was the most-watched regular-season NHL game in 34 years, and Game 7 of this year?s Stanley Cup finals was the most-watched game overall in 36 years. NBC Sports also received a Sports Emmy for its promotion of the 2009 Winter Classic.

?We?re thrilled to be able to continue our relationship with the NHL and build on all the positive momentum on and off the ice,? NBC Sports president Ken Schanzer said. ?Together, we have attained viewership milestones not seen in more than three decades. And the Winter Classic, in just two years, has become one of the highlights of the sports calendar.?

The league and the network first reached an agreement on a rights deal, in which NBC would pay no fees for the broadcasting rights but instead share advertising revenues, in 2004?just in time for the lockout that canceled the 2004-05 season. It was eventually launched in January 2006 and extended in ?07 and ?08.

I don't like the Blue Jackets schedule at all. They play Detroit 3 times in the last 5 games, they're on a Vancouver-San Jose-Phoenix road trip in the first week and then 7 days later are back in western Canada and then down to LA for two games. They're going to have to get over their off-season legs very quickly. They don't play a divisional opponent until November 11.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't like the Blue Jackets schedule at all. They play Detroit 3 times in the last 5 games, they're on a Vancouver-San Jose-Phoenix road trip in the first week and then 7 days later are back in western Canada and then down to LA for two games. They're going to have to get over their off-season legs very quickly. They don't play a divisional opponent until November 11.

The joys of playing in the Western conference!!

Vancouver gets to play 14 straight road games this season, meaning they don't have a home date between January 27th and March 13th. Ouch.

I know the Olympics are in town, but that's brutal...

And I know they usually stagger their trips because of where they play, and I know they have some extended homestands, but yeesh.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Vancouver gets to play 14 straight road games this season, meaning they don't have a home date between January 27th and March 13th. Ouch.

I know the Olympics are in town, but that's brutal...

And I know they usually stagger their trips because of where they play, and I know they have some extended homestands, but yeesh.

Now they'll feel the brunt of what the Flames went through last season because of the Brier.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Once again, NBC nixes a big event involving the Caps:

Usual Suspects has learned the NHL has shelved plans for a special re-launch of its 2009-10 season in the first week of March, following the Vancouver Olympics.

The centrepiece was to be a game featuring Sidney Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins and Alex Ovechkin's Capitals in Washington. The concept was to capitalize on the profile hockey will gain in the United States from the Vancouver Games by featuring Crosby and Ovechkin, the NHL's top two TV attractions, in a special venue in the U.S. capital - possibly the National Mall.

According to sources with knowledge of the plans, details were discussed during meetings at the NHL draft last month, but there was not enough time to pull all the elements together. In particular, NBC was reluctant to commit to the time after putting its main schedule on hiatus for the 16-day Olympic break. Instead, when it announces the 2009- 10 schedule Wednesday, the NHL will concentrate on its now-traditional New Year's Day Winter Classic set for Fenway Park in Boston and the Montreal Canadiens/Capitals spectacular at Olympic Stadium in Montreal on Nov. 28.

the NHL just reupped with NBC? ugh. We'll never get a big game.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Ducks start at home vs San Jose on 10/3.... EXCITED!

(then go on a Minnesota, Boston, and back to back Philly, NYR road trip <_< )

Ducks get a 6-game homestand from 10/14 - 10/30, a 7-game homestand from 11/19 - 12/1, and another 7-game homestand from 3/7 - 3/23.

They also have a few typical 3-4 game road trips, but one 6-game road trip to SJ, STL, ATL, WSH, TB, FL from 1/21 - 2/1.

They also have a stretch of 10 of 12 on the road (4 away, 1 home, 3 away, 1 home, 3 away) from 12/11 - 1/3

Our schedule isn't near as bad as last year's was. We get the long road trips out of the way midway through the season and get that long homestand towards the end. The middle of the season has a lot of games bunched up together, but I can attribute that to the Olympics I'd guess

I'm more excited we have a few more Saturday games and that we open up a home.

I'm eying a a trip to San Jose in December, the routine trips to LA for some games, and possibly that first road trip with the games in Philly and New York.

Let's start already! haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived