09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

I think I remember you kinda giving up on them during the Caps series...

Not criticizing...just saying. I know how sensitive you get about this stuff.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again, NBC nixes a big event involving the Caps:
Usual Suspects has learned the NHL has shelved plans for a special re-launch of its 2009-10 season in the first week of March, following the Vancouver Olympics.

The centrepiece was to be a game featuring Sidney Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins and Alex Ovechkin's Capitals in Washington. The concept was to capitalize on the profile hockey will gain in the United States from the Vancouver Games by featuring Crosby and Ovechkin, the NHL's top two TV attractions, in a special venue in the U.S. capital - possibly the National Mall.

According to sources with knowledge of the plans, details were discussed during meetings at the NHL draft last month, but there was not enough time to pull all the elements together. In particular, NBC was reluctant to commit to the time after putting its main schedule on hiatus for the 16-day Olympic break. Instead, when it announces the 2009- 10 schedule Wednesday, the NHL will concentrate on its now-traditional New Year's Day Winter Classic set for Fenway Park in Boston and the Montreal Canadiens/Capitals spectacular at Olympic Stadium in Montreal on Nov. 28.

the NHL just reupped with NBC? ugh. We'll never get a big game.

Ya know what? :censored: them. Our big games will come during the Finals.

:lol:

And you're laughing at what exactly? You lost faith in your team before they stormed to the Finals.

Here we go with that again. Just because a guy says his 10th-place-and-falling team probably wont make the playoffs and is better off building for next year...

Hey, you guys can make it. Just as long as you don't play us again...

Nothing personal, just really bored and excited for this coming season, so I thought id stur up some rivalry talk. And that post was just the perfect setup.

Anything is possible, but what I really loathe is when fans quit on their team during the season and then celebrate their success in the playoffs. That really grinds my gears.

For the last effing time:

Saying your team probably wont make the playoffs, and if they do they probably wont make it far, when they're tenth in the conference and dropping is not quitting on them, its being realistic.

I really loathe being told I did things i didn't do.

You want confidence? I'm saying it right now. Pens repeat. And i'm sticking by it till the end.

You heard it here folks!

That, while I still didn't completely give up then either, I'll admit, though you have to admit that after losing game 2 it did look really bad for the pens. I would like to consider my optimism through the Detroit series that started out almost just like last year's making up for that, though.

If there's one thing the playoffs taught me this year, its to be optimistic.

oBIgzrL.png

That, while I still didn't completely give up then either, I'll admit, though you have to admit that after losing game 2 it did look really bad for the pens. I would like to consider my optimism through the Detroit series that started out almost just like last year's making up for that, though.

If there's one thing the penguins taught me this year, its to be dramatic as :censored:.

There.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If there's one thing the penguins taught me this year, its to be dramatic as :censored:.

There.

edit: nevermind.

Jack Johnson seems so upset :rolleyes: with the Kings that he just signed a 2 year deal. So those Toronto papers are right as usual.

Of course, Toronto is the ONLY city and source of rumors and things that never come to happen.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Jack Johnson seems so upset :rolleyes: with the Kings that he just signed a 2 year deal. So those Toronto papers are right as usual.

Of course, Toronto is the ONLY city and source of rumors and things that never come to happen.

in toronto, everyone is rumored to be traded to or sign with toronto. i even heard a rumor from my pal Bone, that Bigfoot and Sasquatch was slated to sign with the leafs.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

in toronto, everyone is rumored to be traded to or sign with toronto. i even heard a rumor from my pal Bone, that Bigfoot and Sasquatch was slated to sign with the leafs.

I heard that one too. I heard the reason they didn't sign with Toronto was that the Leafs already filled their team with big stiffs of Mike Komisarek and Colton Orr. :P

I heard that one too. I heard the reason they didn't sign with Toronto was that the Leafs already filled their team with big stiffs of Mike Komisarek and Colton Orr. :P

Neon taking another shot at the Toronto media personally. In other news...

If there's one thing the playoffs taught me this year, its to be optimistic.

I'll stick up for Maz here. I was completely dumb-founded that after the Penguins went down 0-2 that he felt that they still had a strong chance in the series.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I took a shot at them? I need to ask - can you read?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Jack Johnson seems so upset rolleyes.gif with the Kings that he just signed a 2 year deal. So those Toronto papers are right as usual.

I heard that one too. I heard the reason they didn't sign with Toronto was that the Leafs already filled their team with big stiffs of Mike Komisarek and Colton Orr. tongue.gif

I think you need to sit this one out and admit you're wrong by default because of that embarrassing botched joke incident a few pages ago. Take it like a man. :P

Jack Johnson seems so upset rolleyes.gif with the Kings that he just signed a 2 year deal. So those Toronto papers are right as usual.

I heard that one too. I heard the reason they didn't sign with Toronto was that the Leafs already filled their team with big stiffs of Mike Komisarek and Colton Orr. tongue.gif

I think I read it perfectly clear, thank you. You took someone's shot at the Toronto media personally, I called you out on it.

End of story, thanks for playing.

I think I read it perfectly clear, thank you. You took someone's shot at the Toronto media personally, I called you out on it.

I did not take it personally, I just found that statement to be a ridiculous generalization and made the comment to reflect that.

Try to be objective here and look back at every post that has been made throughout this board that seems to paint Toronto as the centre of all rumors. It is just insane. And the sad part is, some people truly believe that. Nothing wrong in trying to remind people that the Toronto media is not the only bunch who has sensationalized stories or rumors. Every city seems to experience this crap, not just my city.

Get off your pedestal and stop gloating that you 'called me out' for 'taking something personally.' Nothing wrong in attempting to clarify a gross generalization. You'd do the same if someone kept making outlandish statements about the place you are from.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I did not take it personally, I just found that statement to be a ridiculous generalization and made the comment to reflect that.

Try to be objective here and look back at every post that has been made throughout this board that seems to paint Toronto as the centre of all rumors. It is just insane. And the sad part is, some people truly believe that. Nothing wrong in trying to remind people that the Toronto media is not the only bunch who has sensationalized stories or rumors. Every city seems to experience this crap, not just my city.

Get off your pedestal and stop gloating that you 'called me out' for 'taking something personally.' Nothing wrong in attempting to clarify a gross generalization. If you still want to stick to your guns, I'll just remind you of all the incidents that have resulted from people believing a gross generalization or a lie.

Oh calm down pal. You want to complain about how Toronto takes a lot of heat around here? That's fine, just remember you're talking to someone who lives in Boston. As we all know this city gets its fair share of slack around here. So what? I don't take it personally. It's my city certainly, but I don't represent the countless douchebags around here. One person consistently trying to curtail the thoughts of others regarding a general populous isn't going to change a damn thing.

It just seems like you're always taking Toronto things personally, and honestly it's a bit stale. Your intelligent posts about the sport sometimes out-weigh your defense of the GTA, that's all I'm saying.

I guess I'll step down from my pedestal now, it really felt great and empowering calling out the all-mighty Neon.

Get off your pedestal and stop gloating that you 'called me out' for 'taking something personally.' Nothing wrong in attempting to clarify a gross generalization. If you still want to stick to your guns, I'll just remind you of all the incidents that have resulted from people believing a gross generalization or a lie.

Oh calm down pal. You want to complain about how Toronto takes a lot of heat around here? That's fine, just remember you're talking to someone who lives in Boston. As we all know this city gets its fair share of slack around here. So what? I don't take it personally. It's my city certainly, but I don't represent the countless douchebags around here. One person consistently trying to curtail the thoughts of others regarding a general populous isn't going to change a damn thing.

It just seems like you're always taking Toronto things personally, and honestly it's a bit stale. Your intelligent posts about the sport sometimes out-weigh your defense of the GTA, that's all I'm saying.

I guess I'll step down from my pedestal now, it really felt great and empowering calling out the all-mighty Neon.

I know very well that Boston gets a lot of slack, and I can also imagine if you had the same person constantly talking crap about it by saying outlandish statements that you would speak up and say something.

I know I tend to defend Toronto a lot and that is because my fellow GTA residents don't care to say anything. Maybe I shouldn't care to say anything either, and there are times I do ignore some comments. But I believe that there are things people should not be allowed to say, especially when they are lies and others who are more impressionable may take to believe them. Hell, I am not crazy in thinking this as history will dictate what ignorance and misinformation can cause.

You can only use the defense of a joke for so long before that becomes stale and you begin to question whether such statements have some true belief behind them. Maybe such statements are said to get under someone's skin, but you never know until you begin to question them.

Until people begin to criticize my city with truth and fact I will continue to point out anything that is a lie or partial truth. I don't care when people say something that is true; only a fabrication gets on my nerves. It is not fun to question whether something someone says has some true belief behind it or whether it is just a joke. Unfortunately, there are some people on here who I really do think say things that they partially believe in, even though they may claim it is a joke.

It is getting old, I know, but so is people saying uneducated crap about my city. We aren't perfect, but we aren't as plagued as some people seem to believe.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived