09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pens sign ex-Capital Brent Johnson..

Nice backup plan for Fleury as long as Johnson's hips holdup.

Wonder if the Caps will bring up Neuvirth now.

unless they get rid of Theodore or Varlamov, not likely.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

i dont see them bringing in Neuvirth to even back up next year with Theodore gone, i think the organization has a very good problem on their hands with 2 young starting quality goalies. we'll see.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

i dont see them bringing in Neuvirth to even back up next year with Theodore gone, i think the organization has a very good problem on their hands with 2 young starting quality goalies. we'll see.

Oh of course, anything is possible. Can't wait till Training Camp to start :)

Don, how many games do you plan on going to this season?

Oh of course, anything is possible. Can't wait till Training Camp to start :)

Don, how many games do you plan on going to this season?

with tickets at a premium, im not sure. i'll prolly have to pay top dollar for some decent seats but hopefully i can get to a few games.

So the Islanders sign yet another goalie in Martin Biron today. Shows how much confidence we got in DiPietro....

It's ok, you only have him signed through 2020-21...

Or how much Martin wants to stick it to the Flyers.

So the Islanders sign yet another goalie in Martin Biron today. Shows how much confidence we got in DiPietro....

But to sign a contract you need two parties. Biron AND the Isles. If the Isles are signing him, there is more to the DiPietro saga...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

if Biron wants to stick it to the Flyers...the Isle is NOT the place to do it...

But to sign a contract you need two parties. Biron AND the Isles. If the Isles are signing him, there is more to the DiPietro saga...

I have a feeling he is not expected back for a long while.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

if Biron wants to stick it to the Flyers...the Isle is NOT the place to do it...

Why not? The Isles play the Flyers 6 times during the regular season, and you got to ask yourself two questions?

A) How many games until DiPietro is out with a significant injury?

B ) How sweet would it be if Biron were to cost the Flyers a playoff spot?

Why not? The Isles play the Flyers 6 times during the regular season, and you got to ask yourself two questions?

A) How many games until DiPietro is out with a significant injury?

B ) How sweet would it be if Biron were to cost the Flyers a playoff spot?

A) totally plausable

B ) totally ASB.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

It will be hard for him to stick it to the Flyers, when he won't even dress for most of the games (assuming DiPietro is healthy).

Biron wanted a multi-year contract in the $4M - $5M range from the Flyers to remain their starter. He settled for a $1M deal to be the Islanders 3rd stringer. Way to overestimate your value, Marty.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

FWIW, here's when the Flyers and Isles play each other:

Nov 25th: Flyers at Isles

Dec 8th: Isles at Flyers

Dec 27th: Flyers at Isles

Jan 30th: Isles at Flyers

Mar 8th: Isles at Flyers

Apr 1st: Flyers at Isles

FWIW, here's when the Flyers and Isles play each other:

Nov 25th: Flyers at Isles

Dec 8th: Isles at Flyers

Dec 27th: Flyers at Isles

Jan 30th: Isles at Flyers

Mar 8th: Isles at Flyers

Apr 1th: Flyers at Isles

By November 25th, DiPietro should be out for the season already.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived