United accepts world-record Madrid bid for Ronaldo

FiddySicks

Real Madrid are the New York Yankees of soccer. I'm an Arsenal supporter, and at least ManU brought Ronaldo up through their academy, so I can respect them for that. But what was the last great player Real Madrid brought up through their system?

First Kaka, now Ronaldo. At least the Premiership became a little bit easier next year!

Any word on who they are targeting with some of that $131,000,000?

I think Real Madrid is just printing money. They just got Kaka for 59,000,000 euros. That's 82 million dollars. It was the highest transfer ever for a whole two days.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Real Madrid are the New York Yankees of soccer. I'm an Arsenal supporter, and at least ManU brought Ronaldo up through their academy, so I can respect them for that. But what was the last great player Real Madrid brought up through their system?

First Kaka, now Ronaldo. At least the Premiership became a little bit easier next year!

Any word on who they are targeting with some of that $131,000,000?

Some of that may go with someone they already have.

United could also spend part of the windfall on paying the £25.5 million required to turn Carlos Tevez's loan deal, which expires at the end of June, into a permanent contract.

I saw, I came, I left.

Real Madrid have a ridiculous ass budget for the upcoming season (which is what happens when you're Real Madrid and your idea of a down year is to only finish 2nd in La Liga and that's it.). I think it was like $200something Million, and apparently they needed most of that to get Ronaldo.

It's crazy that you have Valencia, one of the bigger clubs in Spain, having financial problems and in the meantime inbetweentime, Real Madrid has Brewster's Millions. It's crazy.

But it really doesn't matter. If they don't fix that suspect defense of theirs, they may have a Galactico, they may do a little better, but they won't be able to keep it out of their own net.

and at least ManU brought Ronaldo up through their academy, so I can respect them for that.

Except that they didn't. According to Wikipedia, "Ronaldo became Manchester United's first-ever Portuguese player when he signed for £12.24 million after the 2002?03 season."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm definitely disappointed to see Ronaldo leave Man U.

He had said that he might want to leave, and I guess for the right price, Man U let him go.

Thanks for your contributions to the club Ronaldo.

Now what for Man U to do with their extra millions haha :D

And on Real Madrid, what kind of economic plan do they have that the rest of the world's economies don't have!?! Jeeez... Sign their managment to the US Treasury Department for godsakes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

and at least ManU brought Ronaldo up through their academy, so I can respect them for that.

Except that they didn't. According to Wikipedia, "Ronaldo became Manchester United's first-ever Portuguese player when he signed for £12.24 million after the 2002?03 season."

Well... if you want to get technical about it, then no, they didn't. But that's just the way soccer is... Arsenal bought Theo Walcott from Southhampton when he was 17. Ronaldo was only 17-18 at the time and developed into the player he is today through Manchester United.

Well... if you want to get technical about it, then no, they didn't. But that's just the way soccer is... Arsenal bought Theo Walcott from Southhampton when he was 17. Ronaldo was only 17-18 at the time and developed into the player he is today through Manchester United.

I do get sick of United fans talking about how Chelsea "bought" the Premiership when you take a look at their own transfer policy over the last few years. Rooney, Berbatov, Ronaldo, Tevez, Carrick, Hargreaves, Ferdinand and others were all bought for massive amounts of money after their talent had been shown elsewhere. United probably played a part in who they are today, but they certainly didn't come through the United youth system. People talk about Ferguson as the greatest manager ever, but when you've got the money to wait until a player gets great at another team then purchase him, I'd expect most managers could do pretty well. United just seem to be Real on a smaller scale (not often you can say that sort of thing about Man Utd).

As for potential targets or replacements, all the talk seems to be about Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema. Depending on who you talk to, the value of these players in terms of ability and currency varies vastly.

As of late there sick of playing second fiddle to Barca, This team will be the best in the world look at there forwards heading in to next season.

Raúl

Arjen Robben

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Gonzalo Higuain

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy

It's amazing they could easily get there 10th CL title next season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As of late there sick of playing second fiddle to Barca, This team will be the best in the world look at there forwards heading in to next season.

Raúl

Arjen Robben

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Gonzalo Higuain

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Except they've got exactly as much defence as you listed in this post. Same old Galactico policy, same old Real. Capello had them heading in the right direction, building an actual team as opposed to a bunch of mercenaries. But even winning the league wasnt good enough, so its back to the policy that didnt work with (Fat) Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo et al. and wont work with these players.

i wonder how potent they will be when they face DC United at FedEx Field on August 9th. i know they will be in their preseason but hopefully we will get to see some of these guys.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Raúl

Arjen Robben

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Gonzalo Higuain

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Except they've got exactly as much defence as you listed in this post. Same old Galactico policy, same old Real. Capello had them heading in the right direction, building an actual team as opposed to a bunch of mercenaries. But even winning the league wasnt good enough, so its back to the policy that didnt work with (Fat) Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo et al. and wont work with these players.

You dont like Cannavaro or Heinze? Me personally I dont think all those guys will be there when La-Liga kicks off,because I see Robben being the odd man out in the MF,and its well known that Huntelaar is growing restless on the bench.I do like Gonzalo Higuain though.

As a Man U fan im actually kinda sad to see him go.Everyone complains about the me first attitude he had.But my theory is how do you replace the best player in the world? You dont really.

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

No salary cap in soccer eh? ^_^

I said the same thing when A-Rod signed his 120 million dollar deal...how can one person be worth THAT much to play a sport?

There's a key difference - the £80 million isn't his salary. He won't see a single penny of it. It's the fee paid to Manchester United for the right to Ronaldo's contract.

The salary is something else entirely. Ronaldo's representatives can start negotiating with Real Madrid now.

No salary cap in soccer eh? ^_^

I said the same thing when A-Rod signed his 120 million dollar deal...how can one person be worth THAT much to play a sport?

There's a key difference - the £80 million isn't his salary. He won't see a single penny of it. It's the fee paid to Manchester United for the right to Ronaldo's contract.

The salary is something else entirely. Ronaldo's representatives can start negotiating with Real Madrid now.

And you can rest assured he will be well compensated.If this article is true 107 million pounds over a 6 year deal,33 times what the average person makes in Spain.

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Raúl

Arjen Robben

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Gonzalo Higuain

Cristiano Ronaldo

Ruud van Nistelrooy

You dont like Cannavaro or Heinze? Me personally I dont think all those guys will be there when La-Liga kicks off,because I see Robben being the odd man out in the MF,and its well known that Huntelaar is growing restless on the bench.I do like Gonzalo Higuain though.

As a Man U fan im actually kinda sad to see him go.Everyone complains about the me first attitude he had.But my theory is how do you replace the best player in the world? You dont really.

Cannavaro is already gone.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived