Atletico Sao Paulo - Finalized 7/5

chestnutz

So after its first year in existence, my WFL team here on the boards (soccer) decided to move from The Hague, Netherlands, to Sao Paulo, Brazil. We won the championship last year, but with two other Dutch teams in the league, I've decided to go on to Sao Paulo, and create a complete new identity. My old FC Gravenhage one can be seen in my sig or in the WFL forum.

Anyways, here it is. I'm pretty set on colors, though if you have any suggestions that's fine.

The crest is pretty simple, and I wanted it to feature thin horizontal stripes. I looked around at Brazilian pro teams, and a lot of them use fancy monograms in their crests, so I did too with SP. The phrase Non Ducor, Duco is the city motto, meaning "I am not led, I lead."

The uniforms feature the stripes, and I was inspired by Barcelona's new clash kit for my own (the black one).

I couldn't decide on a sponsor, so I just went with verizon. I'd love to hear what I should use though, no idea on that front.

Wanted to post it here to get C&C before it's finalized.

saopaulo.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I liked the Gravenhage identity a lot, but this one is better. I like the little touches like using the city motto in the crest and the collar. The only criticism is there should be an "A" in the crest if it's Athletico Sao Paulo, not just the "SP" for Sao Paulo at least to me.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I like this identity a lot.

Interesting choice of colors. Pink actually works, but red might work, as well. Especially interesting because it's verizon sponsoring, and pink is t-mobile's color ;).

Is that a font, or is the SP custom? It's pretty cool.

I like this identity a lot.

Interesting choice of colors. Pink actually works, but red might work, as well. Especially interesting because it's verizon sponsoring, and pink is t-mobile's color ;).

Is that a font, or is the SP custom? It's pretty cool.

I think it's just a pale red, at least that's how I'm seeing it.

The SP crest is very solid, I love the font. The striped unis are pretty sweet, but I think striped socks are a bit much. I'd suggest solid red socks with the black kit, maybe solid yellow socks with the red one?

dude...awesome set i like alot!!!!! A+ :)

If your looking to localise you sponsorship you could always use Brasil Telecom,or Braskem (a petro chemical company in Sao Paulo) or Varig

Dont quote me but I think Sao Paulo FC is sponsored by LG,so you could always use Samsung or somethin like that :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Thanks all for the kind words! I was really happy with how this one came out, my Gravenhage identity got a bit stale IMO.

It's supposed to be a less colorful red. It looked a lot more reddish in Illustrator, guess they got washed out a little when I exported it. I'll tweak that a little.

elliot - the SP is actually a free font. It's one of the old celtic initial fonts, and I just got rid of all the decorations and tweaked it a bit. I wanted a snazzy curly style monogram, because if you look at the Brazilian league crests, they all feature those curly type of fonts.

Drew - Sure. If you have an idea on what you want, I'd love to re-do your crest.

gordie - I'll definitely send you the vectors once everything is final. What do you want, the logo or the kits too?

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to post the finalized kits and crest for y'all to see.

-Changed to Umbro, because the league had a many, many Nike teams

-Completely new clash kit

-Crest is unchanged

-Home kit is similar but some changes

Hope ya like!

sao-paulofinal.png

sao-home.png

sao-away.png

spacer.png

Archived