80's weekend in Cleveland

STL FANATIC

Okay, they finally got the birds on the bat right on the Cards throwbacks, but they are now wearing their road helmets even though they're wearing red caps. In the past, the "birds" were wrong, but they at least knew to bring their home helmets to look right. Don't know why they didn't do that this time.

NOTE: Damn. There was nothing on this here, then once I click submit and go back to the forum page, Justin's started one. Oh well. If one needs to be 'yarded, mine can be sacrificed.

As I noted in MY thread (yours must've popped up right after I started posting mine), they got the jerseys right, but this time they're not wearing their home helmets to make the caps consistent like they've done in the past when wearing throwbacks on the road.

And the announcers said 1988. I think it's supposed to somewhat be "Major League" weekend, in a way.

As I noted in MY thread (yours must've popped up right after I started posting mine), they got the jerseys right, but this time they're not wearing their home helmets to make the caps consistent like they've done in the past when wearing throwbacks on the road.

And the announcers said 1988. I think it's supposed to somewhat be "Major League" weekend, in a way.

Yeah it is, the giveway is a Shin-Soo Choo 80's bobblehead and fans can stay after the game and watch Major League on the scoreboard in left.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah it is, the giveway is a Shin-Soo Choo 80's bobblehead and fans can stay after the game and watch Major League on the scoreboard in left.

Is it the "strike this *obvious overdub* guy" out version?

And hooray for the big Chief and no logo on back.

No, Dorn told that to Vaughn in the first movie. ML2 was the "he'll need a rocket up his a** to catch this one" film.

Also, the Tribe did wear the correct throwbacks today. ML2 was the set with the stripes that went down the middle of the shoulder and sleeve. ML1 had the stripes around the edge of the sleeve as worn today.

major_league1.jpg

Major League 2 anyone? Haha.

First thing that came to my mind. They look nice though

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It's really nice to see the full-sized Chief on the hat again. In fact, I was watching Major League this past Sunday, and was reminded how sharp those Tribe unis were. However, I do prefer the racing stripe version, especially with "Cleveland" on the roads - superior uni in the inferior movie.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

major_league1.jpg

Major League anyone? Haha.

"This is the out you've been waiting you're whole life for." - Jake Taylor

*crowd chant* WILD THING!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived