80's weekend in Cleveland

STL FANATIC

capt.c67885bb18d84f94a81dadcce55073ae.cardinals_indians_baseball_ohdr107.jpg

capt.f02c30e518fb42209ca379e9df08aa6f.cardinals_indians_baseball_ohdr104.jpg

capt.26ee8dc8d09a4c81a3721f658b1e68ee.cardinals_indians_baseball_ohdr101.jpg

Is David Wells the model for throwback jerseys? I know America has gotten fatter, but why are all throwback jerseys in David Wells size?

My guess is they use the same template they use for the jerseys they sell in stores. Most people who buy the jerseys in the stores like to wear them big and baggy.

Second page in, and I was hoping one of the eagle-eyed members of the forum would catch this :P

The Indians' throwbacks are wrong. The pants stripe is supposed to cut off at the waistline, leaving an exposed white area, whereas the pants they wore last night extend all the way up the waistline (which is how the 89-94 "racing stripe" uni pants extended). Photo for reference:

Indians%20PG%201988-1.jpg

Don't have pics, but it was nice to see more players wearing socks for the Cardinals, although the stripes were smaller compared to the 80's and Trevor Miller couldn't match his pant/sock level. One leg was up to the knee and the other covered up half the stripes. Looked like a drunk.

Trevor Miller couldn't match his pant/sock level. One leg was up to the knee and the other covered up half the stripes. Looked like a drunk.

Tribute

I love how Chief Wahoo is large on the old hats, really dislike the smaller version on the new hats. Any idea why the Indians shrunk Wahoo's head?

20% less fan sanctimony.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have absolutely no idea why this is, but Majestic seems to have an automatic "upsize" button for pullover throwbacks. I have Orioles and Giants orange pullover game worn jerseys, both of which are considerably bigger than their marked sizes.

I have absolutely no idea why this is, but Majestic seems to have an automatic "upsize" button for pullover throwbacks. I have Orioles and Giants orange pullover game worn jerseys, both of which are considerably bigger than their marked sizes.

Same thing happened with the mid-70's Angels pullovers they earlier this season. I picked one up at the team store at the stadium and it is a size larger than marked. I normally wear a 48, and it'll fit just right, but the 48 pullover was as big as a 52. I even held it up to one of the current Angels home jerseys they had on sale to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I ended up buying a 44, which should be marked as a 48.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived