Wyoming Football

HarperK

I didn't know about Old Main - so I guess there is some history there.

As far as the Western school names...they may go by CU, KU, NU, OU, etc, but I've never heard anyone actually call them "Colorado University", "Kansas University", "Nebraska University", or "Oklahoma University", and there are no markings for any of these schools that read like that.

854158993_7ef5c6c7a5.jpg

Here's a picture.

And pretty much anyone who goes to CU, says they go to CU-Boulder not "University of Colorado." So it's not really in the nomenclature per se, but it's still part of the lore and both OU and CU have that emblazoned on their helmets and within their logos, so...there's precedent for it. I dunno if it'd work here, but..it'd be sorta neat to see it as an alternate, especially since the University of Washington playing in the Pac-10 pretty much has the market on being called "UW"

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

So...we have two Wyomingites on the boards now?? (Assuming rbronson is also one.) Nice!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So...we have two Wyomingites on the boards now?? (Assuming rbronson is also one.) Nice!

I'm not a native of the state, but I've been a part or full time resident for the past five years and I'm a UW alum.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

And pretty much anyone who goes to CU, says they go to CU-Boulder not "University of Colorado." So it's not really in the nomenclature per se, but it's still part of the lore and both OU and CU have that emblazoned on their helmets and within their logos, so...there's precedent for it. I dunno if it'd work here, but..it'd be sorta neat to see it as an alternate, especially since the University of Washington playing in the Pac-10 pretty much has the market on being called "UW"

Actually the vast majority of the students that go to school in Boulder just call it "CU" or "Boulder". But they never say "I go to Colorado University"...just sounds lame. "CU" is technically slang.

The other branches are popularly known as UCD (students say they go to UCD, adults who didn't go there call it CU-Denver), and UCCS.

If you'd like to see Wyoming University or WU as an alternate, that's fine, because there is history behind it that I didn't know. I just thought Wyoming University sounded awkward when I saw it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived