Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland?

PittsburghSucks

I think Cavs need to work on fixing their posts and bringing in another got to scorer. Mo Williams can score, but he didn't show up for most of the ECF.

I would like to see the Cavs bring in some scorer like Stephen Jackson or Corey Maggette from Golden State. Then I think they'd be wise to pick up Bosh, a player who wants out of Toronto and can be a go to guy in the paint.

They'd still be missing a big body down low, so they'd need to bring in someone else, maybe Camby?

This would be, I think, a realistic Cavaliers squad:

PG - Mo Williams

SG - Maggatte

SF - LeBron

PF - Bosh

C - Camby

Bosh, Magette, AND Camby? This is not NBA 2K9, the Cavs would go broke with those guys AND LeBron's already monster of a contract.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Cleveland is now in the "spectacular insanity" portion of the keep LeBron campaign.

They kill their cap space for a counterproductive move in the medium and long run, as well as possibly short run. :rolleyes: LeBron can't like that.

Rams, it should be noted that Shaq's contract is for 20 million dollars for this coming season and then he's off the books. While I don't buy the idea that it will convince LeBron to stay "long term" it might convince him that the Cavs will make moves to improve their team and give their team the best shot to win a title. Unlike the Suns, who pathetically have decided it's all about saving money and waving the white flag.

The trade would basically contradict the contracts, and Cleveland would end up with Shaq for basically the corpse of Ben Wallace and Sasha.

LeBron might not have the same kind of room in the paint to manuever, but the Big Shaqtus would provide a presence down low to combat Howard. Not saying it would work, but that has to be their logic.

Again, this would basically be a one season deal... Cleveland really has nothing to lose...

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

And Big Shaqtus is going to hold up for anything approaching a 100 game season? I think not. Cleveland may be close, but I can't help but think they'd be better served not getting someone in the twilight of their career for a desperate gamble at one year. If you want to keep LeBron, build a supporting cast that can actually last.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think Cavs need to work on fixing their posts and bringing in another got to scorer. Mo Williams can score, but he didn't show up for most of the ECF.

I would like to see the Cavs bring in some scorer like Stephen Jackson or Corey Maggette from Golden State. Then I think they'd be wise to pick up Bosh, a player who wants out of Toronto and can be a go to guy in the paint.

They'd still be missing a big body down low, so they'd need to bring in someone else, maybe Camby?

This would be, I think, a realistic Cavaliers squad:

PG - Mo Williams

SG - Maggatte

SF - LeBron

PF - Bosh

C - Camby

Bosh, Magette, AND Camby? This is not NBA 2K9, the Cavs would go broke with those guys AND LeBron's already monster of a contract.

Exactly, Corey's cap number is $8.94 million; StakJac is $7.70M so it is hard to get Bosh too. Good luck hoopskid. The Cavs need better and taller guards.

Exactly, Corey's cap number is $8.94 million; StakJac is $7.70M so it is hard to get Bosh too. Good luck hoopskid. The Cavs need better and taller guards.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't looking in to the money aspect, my bad.

But I really think that if the Cavs don't do something big to bring in new and better players LeBron will leave.

And Big Shaqtus is going to hold up for anything approaching a 100 game season? I think not. Cleveland may be close, but I can't help but think they'd be better served not getting someone in the twilight of their career for a desperate gamble at one year. If you want to keep LeBron, build a supporting cast that can actually last.

Why not for a year instead of keep Wallace and Sasha? The Cavs will build their supporting cast in 2010 when they have a lot of money becoming freed up. This means the Cavs can sign a Bosh and re-sign LeBron if they do it right in 2010.

6fQjS3M.png

The way I see it, the Cavs are already paying luxury tax, so I don't see them signing a huge name, and I don't think they're going to pay Varejao what his agent thinks he's worth. So, realistically, I think they can obtain one big name in a trade, and one big name with their mid-level exception, or possibly sign a middle of the road player/end of the line former star. They need a 4 or 5 who can score and play physical defense in the paint, as well as a tall 2 who can score and guard more than one position. Either way, they become better as a starting five and better off the bench by relegating current starters into that role. Shaq would be a good option as an inside scorer and physical presence in the paint, which would improve the Cavaliers perimeter defense, and they would have his twenty million dollar salary (and Ilgauskas's ten million) coming off at the end of the year to make some room for 2010 free agents. Jason Kidd might be an option as a taller guard they could sign for the mid-level, making their rotation look like this, keeping in mind I don't know which reserves they will be retaining:

Start

PG Jason Kidd

SG Mo WIlliams

SF Lebron James

PF Darnell Jackson

C Shaquille O'Neal

Backup

PG Delonte West

SG Daniel Gibson

SF JJ Hickson

PF Joe Smith

C Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Seems like a solid rotation, and they're only adding 2 players, which seems realistic to me.

The Cavaliers are really making a run for the 2005 NBA championship.

Sometimes you take what you can get.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'd like to see a trade for Antawn Jamison go down.

He's a down-low scorer like we need, a rebounder, and a perimeter scorer on occasion.

I really like his game, and we may be able to get Mike James out of the deal, but I don't know how great that is (he has been around!)

Mike James did outscore LeBron when we played them one game this previous season.

But it could be the same idea;

Pavlovic, Wallace

for

Jamison, James

Looks good to me. It may not be the strength we need in the post, but it does give us another legit scorer.

Either way I'm happy if we get O'Neal or Jamison.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

No way Washington gives up Jamison for Pavlovic & Wallace.

Crazy things have happened in the NBA.

And with the Summer of 2010 coming quickly, it may be exactly what they want to do. It would basically be a cost cutter/rebuilding move. Which is what many teams do, when they know they're most likely not going to be competitors the following season.

Wallace is most likely retiring, and Pavlovic is not guaranteed for next year.

You may be right, but it may be what they're looking to do.

And with the Summer of 2010 coming quickly, it may be exactly what they want to do. It would basically be a cost cutter/rebuilding move. Which is what many teams do, when they know they're most likely not going to be competitors the following season.

As much as I would love for that deal to happen, Washington feels that they are only a key veteran away from being competitive again, provided everyone stays healthy.

As much as I would love for that deal to happen, Washington feels that they are only a key veteran away from being competitive again, provided everyone stays healthy.

Come to think about it once Gilbert plays to his potential again, then I guess you're right.

Haywood, Jamison, Butler, Arenas.

And they have the number 5 pick, so if they can pick up a guard, then there starting lineup could be set.

I kinda forgot they were just up there competing with the East's elite.

Come to think about it once Gilbert plays to his potential again, then I guess you're right.

And they have the number 5 pick, so if they can pick up a guard, then there starting lineup could be set.

Yeah, they'll probably go with Tyreke Evans, if he's there. And don't forget DeShawn Stevenson, he was pretty good a couple years ago

Yeah, they'll probably go with Tyreke Evans, if he's there. And don't forget DeShawn Stevenson, he was pretty good a couple years ago

What about Stephen Curry?

The Wizards gives off a certain air or vibe that I don't think Stephen Curry fits, personally.

Or maybe he'll drop some in the draft, who knows.

I do like Tyreke though, so that'd be a good pick.

And DeShawn is pretty good, I remember vs. the Cavs he played well in one of the games I think.

Warning: This is coming from a 16 year old Cavs fan, and may be considered irrational by some readers. :D )

Back on topic with the Cavs though;

It is rumored that the Cavs may be looking at a possible return of Andre Miller to Cleveland.

I would personally love to see this happen.

But how could it work? Andre at SG? Mo at SG?

They both average around the same amount of points, but Andre averages far more assists.

So could that work? Maybe not.

And then I think at the top of my wishlist, Lamar Odom overtakes Antawn Jamison.

I see much more of a possibility there, than I do with Jamison.

If we end up gettin, say Andre Miller. Could DeLonte be used to lure in someone via trade?

Also, we need more depth all-together. Which was shown during our series with the Magic.

What about picking up Flip Murray? I really like the way he plays, he accepts any role. And he has great leadership.

(Just throwing names out there now...) Ben Gordon? Chris Anderson? Dahntay Jones? Kwame Brown? Antonio McDyess? Trevor Ariza? Desmond Mason? Hedo Turkoglu? Sam Dalembert? Theo Ratliff? Drew Gooden?

Possibilities seem to be endless.

So does the supply of wine-and-gold kool-aid.

It is a thread about the Cavaliers, isn't it?

I mean, no disrespect, but wouldn't you expect Cavs talk from Cavs fans in a thread titled like so?

Archived