Tank Stumper 6/16/09

NJTank

I think it's never. Then again knowing your logic you could be looking for Tampa when The Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2003 and The Lightning won the cup during the 2003-2004 season. That would be quite a stretch. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Closest thing i can think of is 03-04 Tampa Bay Lightning and 03 TB Buccaneers?

I am afraid we may be right. That's probably what he's looking for but it would be wrong. Technically the Bucs were 2002 NFL Champions. The Super Bowl was played in 2003 but it was to decide the 2002 champion. The Lightning won the cup for the 2003-2004 season. The Bucs had played another season in it's entirety before The Lightning won the Stanley Cup. So while the Bucs did indeed "win a Super Bowl" in 2003 and The Lightning won the cup for the 2003-2004 season, they did not win their championships in what any reasonable sports fan would call "the same year." In fact, if we really want to get technical about it, The Lightning "won" in 2004 about 18 months after The Bucs won The Super Bowl.

Then again, there is the very real possibility that we're both wrong and I will end up looking like a complete idiot. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time. :D

I stand by my first answer. It's never happened before this season.

BB52Big.jpg

I have to agree that the Bucs and Lightning aren't an acceptable answer to this one. To me it boils down to they never actually held the respective titles concurrently. The Bucs were Super Bowl champions from Feb. 02 to Feb. 03. The Lightning weren't Stanley Cup champions until June 04.

A title no one would take until two years later, I might add. :P^_^

Archived