Mississippi Surge

Burmy

First off, good to see that Biloxi won't go long without a hockey team. I used to enjoy going to the Sea Wolves game back when I lived down there.

Secondly, the logo is meh. I get the name, but it's too abstract for my taste. It'll probably be a hit though.

This is so wrong.

First, their is a definite drop from "Sea Wolves" to "Surge". From an interesting pirate wolf imagery that lent itself to a great mascot, to well-- an abstract singular word term. With some lightning bolt thingies.

Secondly (and as someone Biloxi-born I feel I can say this)-- despite the electrical power surge imagery, aren't these geniuses forgetting something? As in what wiped out scores of houses and businesses in 1969 and in 2005 (including my paternal grandparents', both times)?

Storm SURGE. A big wave of water, smashing stuff in its path.

It is what it is.

This logo is a letdown, kind of wishes they kept the seawolves name. Oh well, I was hoping for green colors to match up with the old soda

hmmm..... gives me an idea for a jersey night.

Anyway, below average logo, pass

baltimoreravens.png

This is so wrong.

First, their is a definite drop from "Sea Wolves" to "Surge". From an interesting pirate wolf imagery that lent itself to a great mascot, to well-- an abstract singular word term. With some lightning bolt thingies.

Secondly (and as someone Biloxi-born I feel I can say this)-- despite the electrical power surge imagery, aren't these geniuses forgetting something? As in what wiped out scores of houses and businesses in 1969 and in 2005 (including my paternal grandparents', both times)?

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. I remember seeing post-Katrina pictures of the area around the arena (which is right on the coast.) Surely there are better names to be had.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is so wrong.

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. I remember seeing post-Katrina pictures of the area around the arena (which is right on the coast.) Surely there are better names to be had.

The owners of this new team probably figured that if people in Raleigh, NC and Miami, FL, which also get their share of hurricanes, don't have a problem with their teams being actually called "Hurricanes", folks in Biloxi shouldn't have a problem with a more ambiguous nickname like "Surge".

CCSLC signature.png

I had no idea there were only four teams returning to the Knoxville Hockey League. How could Richmond lose the Renegades?

I don't have a problem at all with this logo. I just hope this franchise, along with the other two new ones, actually last.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

I had no idea there were only four teams returning to the Knoxville Hockey League. How could Richmond lose the Renegades?

I don't have a problem at all with this logo. I just hope this franchise, along with the other two new ones, actually last.

Simple.... Our arena wants too much money, owner complains about losing money.... <_<

Richmond has been through 3 hockey teams in 3 different leagues in just this decade alone. Our arena is too big & is not affordable because SMG wants too much money for the team to play. It sucks because when we were in the UHL (or IHL) & SPHL, both teams were in the top 5 in attendance. Still didn't matter. I know saying in the top 5 in attendance in the SPHL isn't saying much but still.

I just hope the new arena comes, 6-8,000 seating with ECHL hockey, I would love for that to happen. I can dream :(

baltimoreravens.png

Archived