World Cup Redesign

theflakeband

1. Don't make people use the same template. People like to use their own.

2. Don't have people's votes "counted twice." That's the stupidest rule ever. You realize that most people voting will have over 100 posts? Just unnecessary.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe I'm missing something, but you want us all to use the same template? Im not gonna do that, sorry. And please, paint users, let's not turn this into a fill tool fest. Please.

Yeah, there's no originality there. Using a mandated template isn't really a contest.

Use whatever template you want. I don't care. I would prefer you use the ones from switchimageproject.com but you don't have to. I never said you HAD to use it. The deadline is July 2nd. TAKE AS MANY TEAMS AS YOU WANT. I WANNA DO IT REAL BIG

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Well, was really bored tonight, and decided to knock out England (Umbro).

I really liked the simple, classic kits they unveiled a couple months ago, so I stayed simple.

CREST - I updated it a bit, tweaking the colors, and adding gold to the color scheme (as you'll see throughout the concept), to give it a royal feel. I added a stroke to the claws on the three lions (to separate them from the legs) and changed the flowers to look more soccer-ballish.

KITS - I stayed with all-white fory the Three Lions, and used gold heavily. I think it adds a bit of class to the home kits, and makes everything look natural. I used a subliminal three lions on the left side of the jersey and socks, to give it a bit more flair. An old fashioned collar was used, staying classic. I also, for the first time in any of my soccer concepts, added keeper kits. The home is gold, and the away is green and charcoal. The back of the collars feature the English flag design. I thought about adding St. George's cross on the shoulders, but it looked out of place and like I was ripping off one of their old designs.

So, let me know what you think!

england.png

england-home.png

england-away.png

england-gk.png

spacer.png

I mainly did this for myself, but I'd figure I'd post the teams that have been claimed. I divided them into the different FIFA regions (off the top of my head, sorry if some are wrong). They're in alphabetical order.

Ivory Coast

South Africa

Australia

Japan

South Korea

Canada

Jamaica

Mexico

USA

Argentina

Brazil

Croatia

CzechRepublic

Denmark

England

France

Germany

Greece

Holland

Ireland

Italy

Poland

Russia

Scotland

Serbia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Turkey

spacer.png

that Australia just looks like a women's jersey to me, no offense.

No offense taken,

I found that it is quite difficult to come up with a good australian shirt, the yellow can make a simple design look very plain compared to other countries (eg. Englands white), so I went for something a bit out of the box.

------------------

Also, Australia go in with the Asian countries and Turkey with the European

Archived