World Cup Redesign

theflakeband

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
erik, i gotta cry foul on this one. your england concept is a little too familiar to me for comfort. i'm sure this wasn't intentional, but there are a lot of similar elements between your concept and the one i posted here back in may http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=65864&hl=

Ya know, I had a feeling someone would say that. Honestly though, the only thing I looked at your concept for was help with the collar, because I'm absolutely horrible at drawing collars. I really did not intend for mine to be similar to yours at all, I just wanted a classic look, just like you went for in your concept. I understand you feel they're too similar, but I assure you I had no intention of ripping yours off or copying it. Trust me, I drew FAR more inspiration from the one they actually unveiled, from the design cut (such as the diagonal lines cut on the sleeves of the jersey, which I took 100% from the jersey they unveiled) to the simple socks. I like to look at what companies real jersey/shorts cuts are and implement them into my concepts instead of a completely new template.

That said, I respect your concern and I'll re-do the concept.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Drew, couple suggestions:

-Change the font, a bit bland. Make it dark blue too (unless you intend on focusing on black with the kits)

-Enlarge the sun or make it more prominent. Looks too small and unimportant, like it shouldn't even be there now. If you want it in there, might as well focus on it.

spacer.png

erik, i gotta cry foul on this one. your england concept is a little too familiar to me for comfort. i'm sure this wasn't intentional, but there are a lot of similar elements between your concept and the one i posted here back in may http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=65864&hl=

Ya know, I had a feeling someone would say that. Honestly though, the only thing I looked at your concept for was help with the collar, because I'm absolutely horrible at drawing collars. I really did not intend for mine to be similar to yours at all, I just wanted a classic look, just like you went for in your concept. I understand you feel they're too similar, but I assure you I had no intention of ripping yours off or copying it. Trust me, I drew FAR more inspiration from the one they actually unveiled, from the design cut (such as the diagonal lines cut on the sleeves of the jersey, which I took 100% from the jersey they unveiled) to the simple socks. I like to look at what companies real jersey/shorts cuts are and implement them into my concepts instead of a completely new template.

That said, I respect your concern and I'll re-do the concept.

Erik, I knew from your concept you weren't intending to do a direct rip or any rip at all. I saw some similarities in the cut of the shorts as well which is what really made me look twice. I appreciate you being understanding and to redo your concept. Much obliged sir.

OD_Signature.jpg

Germany. Some things I wanted to keep were the character of the crest and the traditional white top/black bottom primary. I was never crazy about the green, so I went with black over grey as the secondary and a red third.

germany.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You've got a BEEF with the logo not being there? Man, most people would love the absence of the logo creep, esp on a football kit :D. All kidding aside, I decided to go subtle and simply place the 3 stripes on the back of the the collar and waistband. The 3 stripes IS that recognizable, after all, and thus, I think they (adidas) should play it up and give it a bigger role as part of their brand. That and their logo is ugly anyway.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You've got a BEEF with the logo not being there? Man, most people would love the absence of the logo creep, esp on a football kit :D. All kidding aside, I decided to go subtle and simply place the 3 stripes on the back of the the collar and waistband. The 3 stripes IS that recognizable, after all, and thus, I think they (adidas) should play it up and give it a bigger role as part of their brand. That and their logo is ugly anyway.

Well it really took me a while to figure out it was Adidas, in fact I only did because I knew Germany was adidas, and then I found the three stripes. I just don't think that would fly with any manufacturer, and it looks kinda empty without it.

spacer.png

Alright, decided to completely redo England to make gordie happy and to differentiate myself from the 5 other concepts that have faded logos on the jersey.

WHAT CHANGED

-Made the red a tad duller, and ditched royal blue for navy.

-St. George's cross is prominent on the home.

-"The Three Lions" now on back of collar.

-New shorts cut, and they're now navy for the home instead of white (navy socks too).

-White shorts and socks on the away, with the umbro diamonds featured on this set and the keepers uniforms (which are also new)

england2.png

england-home-2.png

england-away-2.png

england-gk-2.png

spacer.png

Alrighty then I'll take the canadians.

Just curious--aren't countries that are already eliminated from the World Cup out of this competition?

For some reason, I thought they still had a chance. But some other countries called are out...

Plus I think my concept is tasty.

WCCanada.png

Yes, those are maple leafs.

Well it really took me a while to figure out it was Adidas, in fact I only did because I knew Germany was adidas, and then I found the three stripes. I just don't think that would fly with any manufacturer, and it looks kinda empty without it.

Fair enough, but you'll never get me to agree that a manufacturer logo makes a uniform look better. The emptier it looks the better. Logos are nothing more than clutter.

Archived