World Cup Redesign

theflakeband

Damn, all these sublimated things on jerseys. Great minds think alike I suppose.

I thought I was being original...

Here's the Sweds. The collar says Sverige which is Swedish for Sweden.

WCSweden.png

Great job on those kits - they do look very good.

As a side note, I couldn't help but notice just how much the "collar zoom" looks like those cones you put on a dog so they don't bite at their injury. :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, had absofruitly nothing to do so I decided to knock off Italy. Also debuting a new concept template (always get bored of mine).

COLORS - Made the blue a bit paler, similar to what they used during the Confed Cup, and added vegas gold to the equation. A secondary, darker blue is used in some places.

CREST - Totally new, but inspired by the one they have now. Same square+triangle design, but aside from that and the inclusion of the Italian flag, everything is new. New font, slightly different shape, and I moved the stars above the badge.

KITS - Had some trouble initially with ideas, but I decided to go with something similar to their Confed Cup jerseys, which feature text and stripes diagonally across the front of the jersey. With that idea, I made several horizontal stripes on the front and back, with "ITALIA ****" (there's a closeup included), and used gold as trim. The shorts and socks feature a double-stripe.

Italia.png

Italia-home.png

Italia-away.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ok I will pick up Belgium, then.

To organizer guy: I feel like you should be setting up more of a system here. Honestly, why are people posting their designs already? If this is a legitimate contest, I want to see everything unveiled at once. See: trifecta, sports identity contests. And why are people posting stuff that is not finished, looking for C+C, and then revising? That, to me, defeats some of the purpose of the creative process (on your own!) to come up with a design that will be considered for winning this thing. I think of it like two teams playing each other, like in a championship game, and one team is having trouble, and the other one goes "Oh, let me help you with that!". Maybe I am taking this a little too seriously, I know it is for fun, but I see the words "contest" in the title, and I'm pretty competitive, so I automatically take this seriously and bring the A game.

Also, how will the "playoff" system work? Maybe I missed something, but how many teams are there in the Word Cup? Somewhere around 50? I have no clue, but it seems very silly to just pick the best one out of that many teams, there needs to be some type of division system.

And here is my final gripe: I feel like there needs to be a limit of how many teams you get: maybe at 3. I was just looking at the first page, and it appears that our organizer has 9 teams? Wtf? Now really you might should have 0, like shinyhubcaps, chesnutz, and jayjackson in the past few contests, and if you would like to participate in your own contest, who am I to stop you, and it's fine to have some teams, but 9 teams? That's absolutely ridiculous.

So in conclusion, Mr. flakeband, I'm not feeling the way you are leading us here - it might be time to make some changes and set some defined boundaries.

elliot, exactly why I thought this shouldn't really happen. It wasn't organized well at all, and just kind of said "alright, I decided to start a contest." Like I said, I had a pretty good contest planned out and submitted to the "committee" and yet it was waitlisted, and this one can just come out of nowhere, completely unplanned? Not to say I didn't enjoy doing the concepts, but just irks me a bit.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Lets put a limit on the nations we do I say around 3 because we might have something here and If people are taking on a lot some of the teams could be rushed anyways I'd like to roll with the Lithuanian's as my 2nd team and Puma, I'll see about doing a 3rd team after I'm done the two I've got.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I want to, but I think the organizer guy should step up, set everything straight (cough realcontest coughcough), and then we shall proceed. I actually have 1.5 of my designs done and I want to show them. But flakey needs to say something, we've already lost speedy who was probably one of the best competing (come back speedy!! :P ), and there might be an uprising/coup soon, lol.

I want to, but I think the organizer guy should step up, set everything straight (cough realcontest coughcough), and then we shall proceed. I actually have 1.5 of my designs done and I want to show them. But flakey needs to say something, we've already lost speedy who was probably one of the best competing (come back speedy!! :P ), and there might be an uprising/coup soon, lol.

Same here I have 2 I'd like to show off, you should just take over haha.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived