Dollar Rede$ign

Throwback

coins > paper. the paper money dosnt have anything backing it, but gold/silver coins have actual value. without getting too much into that can of worms....

the design i like a lot. i think the stripe works very well and each bill could have its own color. so you wouldnt have to see numbers, just see the color which represents a certin amount and you're good. pretty clever in my opinion

i love the concept of the back but it needs more work. having different ammendments/lines from the Constitution and/or Declaration is a great way to remind people what the country was built on, since most people have no idea an way. i also appreciate the lack of "in god we trust".

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coins > paper. the paper money dosnt have anything backing it, but gold/silver coins have actual value. without getting too much into that can of worms....

the design i like a lot. i think the stripe works very well and each bill could have its own color. so you wouldnt have to see numbers, just see the color which represents a certin amount and you're good. pretty clever in my opinion

i love the concept of the back but it needs more work. having different ammendments/lines from the Constitution and/or Declaration is a great way to remind people what the country was built on, since most people have no idea an way. i also appreciate the lack of "in god we trust".

Yes, the color thing is clever, but it would not be such a convenience to the color blind, so full numerals in the corners would still be very useful. However, if and when colors are used to denote the denomination of the bill, there should be some rhyme or reason to the correspondence between the value and color.

And I do agree that the Constitution or the Declaration need to be put on the bills, but I can guarantee that not putting the national motto on there would cause quite a ruckus, no matter what side of that issue you're on.

"coins > paper. the paper money dosnt have anything backing it, but gold/silver coins have actual value. without getting too much into that can of worms...."

The regular coins in circulation contain neither gold nor silver. They are predominantly copper and/or nickel.

For one thing, you can't put coins in your wallet, they have to go in the pocket itself. If you end up with more than $5 in singles, it's far more convenient to place notes in your wallet than to schlep around coins in your pocket. Someone once told me that one reason European countries used coins for their basic denomination was to deter pickpockets. Thankfully, criminals in America have enough courtesy to stick a gun in your face.

I miss the old oval portrait designs. I've never liked the new bills the mint has come out with, and i certainly don't like the monopoly money designs in this thread.

Our currency needs to go throwback.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Considering how easy it was to counterfeit the old dollars, we might as well just give everyone in America a printing press if we went back to them.

To be honest, I heard a nice argument for the US adopting the euro the other day. I dunno if Europe would accept us(or us them)into the program, but I think we could make it work.

Considering how easy it was to counterfeit the old dollars, we might as well just give everyone in America a printing press if we went back to them.

Well like any throwback we see now-a-days, some modernization would have to take place...

And why would a North American country want to be linked to Europe in any way?

sB9ijEj.png

Considering how much more the Euro is worth than the Dollar, the question should be "Why would Europe want to align with the US?".

Then there is a mutual repulsion.

sB9ijEj.png

Considering how much more the Euro is worth than the Dollar, the question should be "Why would Europe want to align with the US?".

Then there is a mutual repulsion.

Hasn't there sort of always been?

oBIgzrL.png

who cares about redesigning cash?

we are heading to a cashless society more and more every day.

it has been at least 2 years since I have had an actual dollar bill in my wallet. if i can't use my debit card, i will write a check. if i can't write a check, they will not get my business.

Who accepts checks anymore? I'd rather have cash on hand. As for redesigning currency, the visually disabled/impaired and counterfeiters are enough reason to make a design change.

Major retailers usually do and other places WILL if push comes to shove and you are in an emergency. I don't write them often, but I pay some bills with checks if I have to.

I can lose my checkbook or debit card and feel okay about it once I make a phone call to my bank.

Lose a wad of cash or my wallet with $400 cash in it? Gone forever.

Cash is slow, cumbersome, and irreplaceable once lost.

This is all superfluous.

Use the Japanese model of having a special sym chip in my cell phone where I can e-pay anyone for anything, and get rid of all this garbage.

Death to cash!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

who cares about redesigning cash?

we are heading to a cashless society more and more every day.

it has been at least 2 years since I have had an actual dollar bill in my wallet. if i can't use my debit card, i will write a check. if i can't write a check, they will not get my business.

Who accepts checks anymore? I'd rather have cash on hand. As for redesigning currency, the visually disabled/impaired and counterfeiters are enough reason to make a design change.

Major retailers usually do and other places WILL if push comes to shove and you are in an emergency. I don't write them often, but I pay some bills with checks if I have to.

I can lose my checkbook or debit card and feel okay about it once I make a phone call to my bank.

Lose a wad of cash or my wallet with $400 cash in it? Gone forever.

Cash is slow, cumbersome, and irreplaceable once lost.

I prefer the limited exposure plastic and cash offer, plus I hate carrying around a checkbook.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

This is all superfluous.

Use the Japanese model of having a special sym chip in my cell phone where I can e-pay anyone for anything, and get rid of all this garbage.

Death to cash!

So, what would you pay a stripper or hooker with then?

I saw, I came, I left.

This is all superfluous.

Death to cash!

So, what would you pay a stripper or hooker with then?

You don't need a stripper/hooker. If you know what you are doing, a few cocktails at a late hour will do!

file_64646.jpg

This is our money.

You don't need to take it out to check what denomination it is, the lobster red is a $20, the Colonel Mustard is a $50.

And if you fold the $5 just right it looks like a naughty picture.

It's polymer, so it's virtually impossible to rip with your bare hands.

(You'd need bear hands)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

file_64646.jpg

This is our money.

Just curious- how long has your money looked that way? How many redesigns can you recall over your life?

we went to polymer in the late 80s.

it changed once in my life, and I am 42.

It also changed the year before I was born, to decimal currency from pounds and pence.

And it is the best thing we ever did.

Money lasts longer, more colourful and more difficult to counterfeit.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I guess my position right now is that I like where they're going with the "color of money" redesign. The only real problem for the time being that I see is that they are insisting on this silly staggered release of them, where you have 3 generations of designs in circulation at the same time, with the mid-1990s C-notes and the decades-old ones and twos. If they're going to redesign, do everything! The main problem that we've been having recently is that the lower denomination bills are being bleached and printed to look like older C-notes, which makes them hard to pinpoint since they'll feel like real money and won't show up with counterfeit protection pens.

But, as I stated before, unless they recall older currency, all counterfeiters have to do is copy the old bills.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived