Toronto Blue Jays Concept Uniforms...

ColeJ

i've heard a lot of people whine and moan about the blue jays new image... about the excessive use of black, and constant tweaks to salvage public opinion, as well as other complaints...

well, i decided to whip up my own batch of jays unis. i ditched the black completely, and switched it to a navy blue... they ARE the BLUE jays.. i tried to simplify the scripts on the front, because i don't really like the idea of everything on there being 3D...

it's pretty basic, but most baseball jerseys ARE. :) i appreciate any comments you can give me... forgive me if there are any baseball fasion faux-pas in this concept, because i'm really not much of a baseball fan :hockeysmiley: but i tried.

cole-bluejays.jpg

Dude that's like a million times better than they currently have. I love the concept of the gray roads and the midnight navy alternates. I like the sky blue alternates and while the white cap is cool, I'd rather see it on retail shelves than on the ballfield.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Dude that's like a million times better than they currently have. I love the concept of the gray roads and the midnight navy alternates. I like the sky blue alternates and while the white cap is cool, I'd rather see it on retail shelves than on the ballfield.

the sky blue jerseys, with the white cap are only batting practice uniforms...

you'd see them in stores about a million times more often than you'd see them on the field :)

Simply put, I love 'em. The home and road are great, as are the batting practice and alternate.

Normally, I sorta I like the inclusion of black, but here, you really save the Blue Jays... I'm one of few, apparently, who like their new logo more than their previous identity, although I think replacing, well, blue with black was just wrong... but what you've done is what the Blue Jays organization should have. Superb.

Only I would toy around with is the font used for the numbers... it looks a little, out of place... other than that, just great work. I think a tear just dropped down my cheek. Sniff.

In the words of a certain action figure on a certain board members signature...

Can a brotha get a minute?

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Simply put, I love 'em. The home and road are great, as are the batting practice and alternate.

Normally, I sorta I like the inclusion of black, but here, you really save the Blue Jays... I'm one of few, apparently, who like their new logo more than their previous identity, although I think replacing, well, blue with black was just wrong... but what you've done is what the Blue Jays organization should have. Superb.

Only I would toy around with is the font used for the numbers... it looks a little, out of place... other than that, just great work. I think a tear just dropped down my cheek. Sniff.

In the words of a certain action figure on a certain board members signature...

Can a brotha get a minute?

i'm glad you like the. i've seen you do quite a few wonderful concepts, so i take your opinion pretty seriously. you know what you're talking about :)

and normally, i think black is a color free for anyone to use, just like white. i feel the same about grey. any neutral grey-scale color is up for grabs, in my books... just as long as it doesn't change a team's color scheme, you can add black, white, and grey.

but for a team with blue in their name, to basically try and phase blue out of their color scheme.... it's confusing :)

Not bad those are much better. Although I would like to see a blue hat as an alt or road hat thrown in too. The uniforms are much better tehn the real ones .

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

:notworthy::flagcanada::notworthy::flagcanada:

what they had was 101x better then what they went to. these are 100x better. u made the current identity look wicked! i didnt think it was possible, but u did it. the best part is that it has blue in it. send these to the jays before its to late!

I love that alternate, can I have one in a large please?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

awesome work. amazing stuff there but i love the graphite hat

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

these are amazing, nearly PERFECT jays jerseys! theres only a couple minor things i would change:

Home jersey is perfect

away jersey: navy brim on cap, and navy socks

alt: light blue brim on cap

i've always thought that away jerseys should be darker, hence the navy changes. simply awesome work though. if the jays wore these, they'd have one of the best looks in the league IMO

I would have left the multi-shaded silver script on the alternate. Then it's be a perfect for sure.

Then again, if I were to do it, I would have left the sulti-shaded silver script, just outlined in blue, with blue numbers and blue stripes on the sleeves, but what you've done here is fantastic.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm gonna be the only one here to say this, but I don't like it. I feel that this is really ripping off the Orioles. Getting rid of the graphite overall is not a good move IMO. I love the graphie hats, I'm wearing one as I type this. The 3D looking script need to be brought back.

I think the Jays need only minor changes to their unis to make them look good. This is just too much for me, ESPECIALLY with the white BP hat with the old jays logo revival. I hate to be honest, but I think it's awful.

Sorry guys. I just don't think this works.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived