BC LIONS 60`s retro

cmbuk

How are these awesome? It's the current template with no piping and different-colored sleeves. Very half-assed, if you ask me (which for Reebok is par for the course).

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

How are these awesome? It's the current template with no piping and different-colored sleeves. Very half-assed, if you ask me (which for Reebok is par for the course).

WTF are you talking about? Those are almost exact replicas of what they wore in the 60's. What do you expect the designer to do? Go back in time,and redesign the jerseys they wore in the 60s,so he can make a better throwback?

The no piping alone makes them awesome. At least relatively awesome. I've despised Reebok's bib necks from day one.

zzPEfBm.png

WTF are you talking about? Those are almost exact replicas of what they wore in the 60's. What do you expect the designer to do? Go back in time,and redesign the jerseys they wore in the 60s,so he can make a better throwback?

I'm asking the designer to get it right. I imagine the throwback's based on this:

By_Bailey.jpg

If it is, the designer missed the mark.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm asking the designer to get it right. I imagine the throwback's based on this:

By_Bailey.jpg

Without you actually describing how the designers (Reebok) missed the mark here, I'm going to go ahead and assume that your gripe is with the design/cut of the actual jersey itself--and if it is, if one wants to be a purist about things, you might have a legitimate one.

I look at the jerseys Reebok has done for the throwback unis and see the same issue I see with many other jerseys with different-colored sleeves: that one panel @ the armpit. That kinda defeats the whole purpose of a different-colored sleeve (though as I look more closely, I see that that particular panel is actually one solid piece of fabric from there all the way down the sides of the jersey). Other than that, and the shape of the yoke, I don't see how the mark was missed here. If Rbk absolutely had to utilize their current jersey cut/template, they did a mighty fine job of adapting it to replicate the '60s era uniforms, if one was to ask my opinion.

If you're looking for an exact replication, it ain't gon' happen, as I'm sure we all know Reebok ain't finna roll out no long-sleeved jerseys anytime soon--or jerseys with any semblance of "real" sleeve, for that matter. (Although I certainly wish they would do that one of these days with somebody's throwback uniforms somewhere down the line...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gotta love the Rona and Scotiabank patches on them.

I like what the CFL is doing with all these retro jerseys coming out ... they are totally capitalizing on everyones love of retro jerseys right.

As for other teams I only know about the Bombers who are going to be wearing a white one as well.

They are gonna look something like this:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb7/Kor...bluebombesr.jpg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

reebok's and nike is known for screwing up tradition, notoriously nike for messing up the Steelers numerals and packers sleeves

I'm pretty sure the team itself would be able to disapprove of something like that, before they were actually put into use.

So I don't think it would be Nike's fault like everyone wishes it was.

I mean, you don't see the Steelers organization b*tching out Nike because they ditched their beloved block numbers way back when.

Am I right?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

reebok's and nike is known for screwing up tradition, notoriously nike for messing up the Steelers numerals and packers sleeves

I'm pretty sure the team itself would be able to disapprove of something like that, before they were actually put into use.

So I don't think it would be Nike's fault like everyone wishes it was.

I mean, you don't see the Steelers organization b*tching out Nike because they ditched their beloved block numbers way back when.

Am I right?

I meant to add the fan's reaction to the change

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

These are okay, but as has been mentioned the throwback uniform looks terrible on this uniform cut. I hate how the insides of the sleeves are white. Because of this, they seem to look more like cheap high school uniforms than the original uniforms to me.

I'm failing to see everyone's gripe with the cut of the jersey. I think these are a pretty darn good recreation of the original, done within the parameters of the jersey cut. It can't be exact, because jerseys were made quite differently back then. This is a very nice tribute to the original, the socks and helmet especially

By_Bailey.jpg

It's close--but not exact.

Not bad though.

Better than what we often see.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

here is the Alouettes retro jersey:

als10.jpg

Didn't the Als wear green along with red back in the day? If so, that is going to look seriously different...they are really the only existing CFL team to significantly change their colours since the 1950s.

(I remember when the late Ottawa Rough Riders changed from their traditional black, white and red to blue, gold and red for the 1994 and 1995 seasons - at the time they said they were going back to their vintage colours, but I don't know how far back that reached.)

here is the Alouettes retro jersey:

als10.jpg

Didn't the Als wear green along with red back in the day? If so, that is going to look seriously different...they are really the only existing CFL team to significantly change their colours since the 1950s.

(I remember when the late Ottawa Rough Riders changed from their traditional black, white and red to blue, gold and red for the 1994 and 1995 seasons - at the time they said they were going back to their vintage colours, but I don't know how far back that reached.)

They did bring green into their colour scheme in the mid-60's and kept it until 1974, when they changed it to the red, white & blue colours they still have today, but with minor modifications.

MontrealAlouettes_FRC_1964_SOL_SRGB.png

MontrealAlouettes_FRC_1973_SOL_SRGB.png

Archived