Sacramento Kings logo in UFC

officeglenn

Here's something a little weird ...

I was watching The Ultimate Fighter 9 finale tonight, and noticed that Diego Sanchez had the Sacramento Kings logo on the banner being held behind him during the introductions, and on the inside of the right leg of his shorts.

I've never seen a pro sports team put their logo on an MMA fighter before. It could have had something to do with the fact the card was held at the Palms in Las Vegas, a hotel owned by the Maloof brothers, who also own the Kings.

Can't find any pics online yet, but I imagine they'll pop up in the very near future.

Anyone know if Sanchez has had the Kings logo on his shorts in previous fights?

sanchez.jpg

Best shot I could find on UFC's website. You can see the Kings logo near the bottom of Sanchez's black shorts.

Ive seen this before. I forget who the golfer is, and Im not sure if hes still sponsored by them, but he always wore a Phoenix Coyotes shirt or hat because they sponsored him.

As for Sanchez, from what I remember, Im pretty sure he's had the Kings logo for awhile now. I remember him having it during this fight before TUF finale.

beLEAF

Ive seen this before. I forget who the golfer is, and Im not sure if hes still sponsored by them, but he always wore a Phoenix Coyotes shirt or hat because they sponsored him.

There was also a golfer (I can't remember his name, but he wasn't huge on the tour) who won the Congressional a few years ago who was sponsored by Reebok. Because of Reebok's deal with the NFL and some cross-promotion, he wore a Ravens polo on Saturday, and a Redskins hat and polo on Sunday.

Funny thing was, he was a Browns fan, so he probably liked that Ravens shirt a whole lot. :P

There was also a golfer (I can't remember his name, but he wasn't huge on the tour) who won the Congressional a few years ago who was sponsored by Reebok. Because of Reebok's deal with the NFL and some cross-promotion, he wore a Ravens polo on Saturday, and a Redskins hat and polo on Sunday.

Funny thing was, he was a Browns fan, so he probably liked that Ravens shirt a whole lot. :P

The NFL guy was Ben Curtis (which I only remember because I have a friend with a similar name), seen here wearing Panthers gear, here wearing Patriots gear, and here wearing Lions gear. Punch his name into Google Images and you'll also get photos of him wearing Chiefs, Dolphins, Browns, Bears and Steelers gear.

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw the Kings logo on Sanchez was the Brewers' ball-in-glove logo on the Milwaukee Admirals uniforms.

Archived