NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

They have red alternates, maybe you mean throwbacks? That's good, the Blazers have a great uniform history. Can't wait to find out which ones they are.

I would assume the one being worn by T.P. is it.

medium_newjerseys.ely.JPG

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have red alternates, maybe you mean throwbacks? That's good, the Blazers have a great uniform history. Can't wait to find out which ones they are.

Please forgive my ignorance but how did Portland get the nickname "Rip City"?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

As mentioned in an earlier thread, it was coined by the Blazers long-time play-by-play guy during their '77 championship season. He yells "Rip City" when they score, as in the ball ripping through the net.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, it was coined by the Blazers long-time play-by-play guy during their '77 championship season. He yells "Rip City" when they score, as in the ball ripping through the net.

Wow, I don't like the term "Rip City" as much now that you've explained how they got it. :rolleyes:

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Next thing you know the Sixers will be sporting "Illadelph" jerseys.

*head explodes into stars*

If the Phoenix Suns start to wear "Shazam" jerseys as well I think i'd be a little baffled

couple spots of info...

this is now the official primary logo for G State, with the Warrior man nowhere to be found:

gsw_primary.png

this is the cavs anniversary logo:

cavs_xl.png

and this is the kings anny logo:

kings_25.png

as per usual, some nice and subpar work with those anny logos...when will see good design again? closest thing we've seen lately in the nba is the ASW10 primary logo, and even then the whole set didnt live up to that success.

couple spots of info...

this is now the official primary logo for G State, with the Warrior man nowhere to be found:

gsw_primary.png

Awesome. So now their primary is about as generic as possible, complete with the initial standing for their boring nickname. This pairs well with their stupid location designation.

Ugh, how awful, this "Rip City" tomfoolery. It's akin to the Pistons having a "Bad Boys" alt. Throwbacks and faux throwbacks aside, the Blazers are getting it wrong as long as they fail to adopt some kind of Oregon Trail-ish identity. Covered wagon, oxen, etc...

Anyone know when the Sixers are supposed to "officially" unveil the new unis? They said "later in the summer", and while there are technically still a couple of weeks left, it's pretty darn later. We all know what the road looks like, but I'm interested in seeing the whole package.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there any news on the possible relocation of the Pacers to Vancouver or has that been resolved?

Is that rumor for real? I could not see Stern being okay w/ moving a team back to a city that already flopped in terms of fan support, at least not this soon (and I believe the whole Charlotte mess was due to stadium issues as much as low attendance).

Other than the font used in the ribbon, I don't think the Cleveland one is bad at all. Perhaps an alternate version with just the C-sword logo would work better for a small application like a jersey patch though.

On the other hand, the Kings logo may be the worst one of these I've ever seen. Purple basketball seems (that only exist on three-quarters of the ball for some reason) disappearing into a non-descript "skyline" (that looks more like blotches than anything)? Seriously? Then there's the bizarre gray oval shape thing that's not even centered. This logo gives me a headache.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there any news on the possible relocation of the Pacers to Vancouver or has that been resolved?

Is that rumor for real? I could not see Stern being okay w/ moving a team back to a city that already flopped in terms of fan support, at least not this soon (and I believe the whole Charlotte mess was due to stadium issues as much as low attendance).

I remember hearing something last season that the group who owns the Canucks were looking into the Pacers and moving them to Vancouver and Stern did say that one of his biggest mistakes was letting Vancouver relocate...in saying that though, in an article on TSN a month or so ago saying something about teams that moved or folded in Canada and the Grizzles were one of those teams. Apparently it was doomed from the start. There was little if any promotion around the city as well and little or no community involvement from the team. That and you add that jerk owner who bought the team from Orca Bay saying he would keep the team in Vancouver then does an about face and moved them to Memphis.

Archived