NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any news on the possible relocation of the Pacers to Vancouver or has that been resolved?

Is that rumor for real? I could not see Stern being okay w/ moving a team back to a city that already flopped in terms of fan support, at least not this soon (and I believe the whole Charlotte mess was due to stadium issues as much as low attendance).

I remember hearing something last season that the group who owns the Canucks were looking into the Pacers and moving them to Vancouver and Stern did say that one of his biggest mistakes was letting Vancouver relocate...in saying that though, in an article on TSN a month or so ago saying something about teams that moved or folded in Canada and the Grizzles were one of those teams. Apparently it was doomed from the start. There was little if any promotion around the city as well and little or no community involvement from the team. That and you add that jerk owner who bought the team from Orca Bay saying he would keep the team in Vancouver then does an about face and moved them to Memphis.

If the Pacers moving to Vancouver is realistic as it sounds, they?ll have to move a Western Conference team to the East. So who would that be, Memphis?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

tomorrow we shall find out the new bobcats jersey/logo what have you

scratch that...we've gotta wait another week to see the same home uni we saw in the GH pics: ;)

newlook.png

also, note the use of the logo on the bottom left...like i posted before, maybe this is the new primary mark.

Got official confirmation on Saturday, the Jazz are bringing back the old retro green jerseys this year as a new alternate. They?ll go on sale around Thanksgiving.

Good news. Hopefully in 2010-11, they'll integrate some green (and/or?) gold into their look while primarily keeping their blue looks. True, with OKC last year and likely Charlotte this year, there's going to be more blue teams in the NBA, but the blue/light blue look is one of my more liked Jazz looks, and fits better with Utah than the Mardi Gras colors (despite the history behind that).

The NBA badly needs a green/gold team, since the only one (Seattle) is out of commission, at least for now. I just wonder: is it going to be the Jazz, or what?

Another question: The Jazz aren't dropping the light blue alternates, are they? They're just adding the green retros (no replacing), right?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Got official confirmation on Saturday, the Jazz are bringing back the old retro green jerseys this year as a new alternate. They?ll go on sale around Thanksgiving.

That makes my life.

Because???

I have loved those jerseys ever since I was a kid. I prayed for them to become an alternate road before the logo change in '96 and have wanted this as a Hardwood Classic jersey ever since the craze began. I will be dropping the money down for one this Christmas.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Obviously because he likes them?

Sorry, wasn't sure if it was sarcasim or not...my bad.

That makes my life.

Because???

I have loved those jerseys ever since I was a kid. I prayed for them to become an alternate road before the logo change in '96 and have wanted this as a Hardwood Classic jersey ever since the craze began. I will be dropping the money down for one this Christmas.

Yeah, they should be a nice addition if you?re a jersey lover. I wonder if the NBA Store in Manhattan will carry the authentic shorts.

Good news. Hopefully in 2010-11, they'll integrate some green (and/or?) gold into their look while primarily keeping their blue looks. True, with OKC last year and likely Charlotte this year, there's going to be more blue teams in the NBA, but the blue/light blue look is one of my more liked Jazz looks, and fits better with Utah than the Mardi Gras colors (despite the history behind that).

The NBA badly needs a green/gold team, since the only one (Seattle) is out of commission, at least for now. I just wonder: is it going to be the Jazz, or what?

Another question: The Jazz aren't dropping the light blue alternates, are they? They're just adding the green retros (no replacing), right?

Yeah - are these actually alternates, or just throwbacks they are wearing this year??

Yeah - are these actually alternates, or just throwbacks they are wearing this year??

That I don?t quite know. I believe they?re just wearing them 5-6 times throughout the season, so I don?t know if they?re having Throwback Nights or if they?re going to have a 2nd alternate. I think they just wanted to throw them into the mix and see how they work out.

Archived