NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any news on the possible relocation of the Pacers to Vancouver or has that been resolved?

Is that rumor for real? I could not see Stern being okay w/ moving a team back to a city that already flopped in terms of fan support, at least not this soon (and I believe the whole Charlotte mess was due to stadium issues as much as low attendance).

I remember hearing something last season that the group who owns the Canucks were looking into the Pacers and moving them to Vancouver and Stern did say that one of his biggest mistakes was letting Vancouver relocate...in saying that though, in an article on TSN a month or so ago saying something about teams that moved or folded in Canada and the Grizzles were one of those teams. Apparently it was doomed from the start. There was little if any promotion around the city as well and little or no community involvement from the team. That and you add that jerk owner who bought the team from Orca Bay saying he would keep the team in Vancouver then does an about face and moved them to Memphis.

Co-Owner of Pacers Dies

1. This could re-spark talk about a possible move... (not for this thread though) oh, and I heard that was just a rumor to try to raise fan support here.

2. Expect a memorial jersey patch.

6fQjS3M.png

Is there any news on the possible relocation of the Pacers to Vancouver or has that been resolved?

Is that rumor for real? I could not see Stern being okay w/ moving a team back to a city that already flopped in terms of fan support, at least not this soon (and I believe the whole Charlotte mess was due to stadium issues as much as low attendance).

I remember hearing something last season that the group who owns the Canucks were looking into the Pacers and moving them to Vancouver and Stern did say that one of his biggest mistakes was letting Vancouver relocate...in saying that though, in an article on TSN a month or so ago saying something about teams that moved or folded in Canada and the Grizzles were one of those teams. Apparently it was doomed from the start. There was little if any promotion around the city as well and little or no community involvement from the team. That and you add that jerk owner who bought the team from Orca Bay saying he would keep the team in Vancouver then does an about face and moved them to Memphis.

If the Pacers moving to Vancouver is realistic as it sounds, they’ll have to move a Western Conference team to the East. So who would that be, Memphis?

Minnesota. At least Memphis has OKC close by, even though they're not in the same division; the Wolves are out on an island when it comes to Western Conference teams near them. All of the teams that should be their natural rivals (Bucks and Bulls) are in the East.

The Wild have a similar situation in the NHL; if one Eastern team moves West, Columbus could be moved East and Minnesota can join the Central with their rightful rivals (Detroit, Chicago, StL)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

That very well may be the Mav's alternate third they are planning to have, i'm not 100% sure when it was supposed to be unvieled, but that screenshot looks legit...

Edit: Mavs jersey isn't supposed to be released until the 21st according to DallasMavericks.com....

Oh, and although I like the wider piping on the Blazers pic, it does look photoshopped, with Juwan just being signed this offseason, there probably isn't many press photos involving him wearing the Blazers jersey yet, have to wait and hope for that one...

yeah, but just an alternate, not a whole new set. and even then, don't get too excited. :|

yep..I already noticed that..But the way they say in the opening page it looks like it was a whole new set

it says "meet your new Mavs" and "New Mavs Jersey"..well after all is just an alternate kit :S

At least Memphis has OKC close by, even though they're not in the same division...

I knew it would only be a matter of time before the Grizzlies and Sonics Thunder would become geographic rivals once again... :grin:

Said isn?t it? Who would have thought 12 years ago the Pacific Northwest (excluding Portland) would be abandoned! thdoh.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I think I like the Bobcats new set better than both New Orleans and Orlando. The ugly side panels ruin the Orlando ones for me, and the New Orleans ones are just too busy (side panels also bad). I would love to see the away jersey for Charlotte be orange with navy pinstripes. That would be sick. I don't want them to abandon orange, but I can see why they would be tempted. All their orange stuff so far has been fugly.

possible new mavs jersey?

mavunieroyalblue.jpg

The Mavericks' graphite trashbag alternates, to this day, blow away the green Puff Daddy alt, and now this one.

Just because the Mavs choked away ONE GAME in them (to a good Lakers team, by the way), isn't a good enough reason to banish them forever. Hell, Dallas choked away an entire NBA Finals series, so by their logic, why not scrap those unis too?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived