NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

I'm on board, those 'Cats unis rule. If I had money to spend on jerseys from teams that I do not support or like, I might buy a road jersey. Of course, I can barely pay what I owe on my student loans back each month, so the Bobcats will be waiting a long time for my cash. Immense upgrade, though, is the moral of the story.

The Mavs wowed me by not doing something crazy, if that makes sense. Trash bags!! Hip-Hop Mogul Designed Threads!! Color change.....not doing it for me.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone love these Bobcats uniforms? The pinstripes look bad, the numbers are ugly, and the side panels don't make much sense. I mean, they're marginally better than the old ones (though I liked the orange jerseys), but they aren't really that good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why does everyone love these Bobcats uniforms? The pinstripes look bad, the numbers are ugly, and the side panels don't make much sense. I mean, they're marginally better than the old ones (though I liked the orange jerseys), but they aren't really that good.

It's called people have different opinions. The response to them has been overwhelmingly positive.

It's called people have different opinions. The response to them has been overwhelmingly positive.

Yeah, I know people have different opinions. That's why I asked the people who had them to explain them, because I didn't get it.

On the news this morning, they showed "Betsy Ross" at her house, stitching names into the Sixers' new road jersey. Could only see the back, but it looked just like what was posted here back in August.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jetalternate.jpg

What a stupid redesign. That said, it IS an improvement in two ways: one, the colors are consistent with the rest of the team's gear, and two, the number and name fonts are consistent as well. That stupid Mavs wordmark is still utt-bugly, though, and the giant void on the front lower torso is still off-putting.

Well, there haven't been a lot of very good NBA redesigns, I guess.

My primary encumbrance to drooling over these Bobcats uniforms like everybody else is that I don't get the basketball pinstripes thing. It's not like there's a great precedent for them as a design element the way there is in baseball. It worked for the original Orlando Magic, because an expansion team from Disney World kinda has to look gaudy and contrived, but it hasn't looked good on anybody else. If pinstripes are implied to be a "classic" element, the way are in baseball, and the way they were with the old Indiana Pacers jerseys that everyone loved except me, why are they matched with a knockoff of the Mavericks' modern letters and numbers? Why do they have a tiny inconsequential drop shadow that you can't see from more than ten feet away? Why are the wordmarks arched when they've traditionally been oblique, and remain so in the primary? The old jerseys weren't perfect by any means (one thing that particularly drove me up a wall was the way the NOBs were generically slapped on in one-color varsity serif with no respect to the rest of the uniform's elements). In fact, they were probably kinda bad. This is just a different sort of bad.

The "new" Mavs jerseys are disappointing. A blue version of their green alts is just boring in an already blue-saturated league.

As for the Bobcats' new threads, it's a definite upgrade, but the striping is throwing me off. I feel like for both the home and away jerseys, the striping on the sides and the collar is playing mind tricks on me. They look incomplete at certain angles. Also, I feel like they should've added some contrast color to the side panels, especially w/ their home whites, because it's really reminding me of pajamas and/or boxers otherweise.

Archived