NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say I hate them. I thought last year's PHILA jersey was pretty cool, but I have always liked the throwback Sixers logo.

The homes kind of have a Dodgers' vibe to them - blue team name, red number. That's the first thing that crossed my mind.

What I find curious is that both fonts - the wordmark and the number font - are damn close to the Knicks' jersey fonts. Seems to me Philly could have made it a tad different.

I assume there will be a change within the next three or four years to add an outline around something, maybe a change in font, and maybe a change in the neck and collar area.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Love the white. Red doesn't work as well since it would be hard to have the SIXERS in the blue and show up.

I'd love to have seen the away set be a slightly darker blue (instead of the red) with the SIXERS in a bright red that read off the blue field. Kind of a football Giants red stripe on their blue helmet thing.

New Rockets alternate:

IMG_0354.jpg

My initial reaction is that I like them, but they already have a red jersey. Off the top of my head I can't think of a 3rd jersey that is the same color as the main road unis.

The design on the unis are not bad at all, but the letter/number fonts SUCK.

6uXNWAo.png

jetalternate.jpg

Great... the Utah Mavericks. At least the official identity is a little less confusing with no green thrown into the mix.

Either way, I like those jerseys. Would I get one? Hell no. I've come to realize teams are just tossing out alternates and ditching them like crazy in the NBA. In fact, teams are constantly changing their uniforms, period.

New Rockets alternate:

IMG_0354.jpg

My initial reaction is that I like them, but they already have a red jersey. Off the top of my head I can't think of a 3rd jersey that is the same color as the main road unis.

These are by far the best Rockets uniforms they currently have. They finally incorporate a 3rd color but they need to blow up the numbers to be bigger.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Those will become next year's primary home uniforms (or the year after). I'm 99,9% sure.

You really think the Rockets would choose a red home uniform over a white one? Even the Lakers seem to be wearing more white at home than yellow these days.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Why does everyone love these Bobcats uniforms? The pinstripes look bad, the numbers are ugly, and the side panels don't make much sense. I mean, they're marginally better than the old ones (though I liked the orange jerseys), but they aren't really that good.

It's good, the only problem is, there's no orange alternate :(

Why does everyone love these Bobcats uniforms? The pinstripes look bad, the numbers are ugly, and the side panels don't make much sense. I mean, they're marginally better than the old ones (though I liked the orange jerseys), but they aren't really that good.

It's good, the only problem is, there's no orange alternate :(

Give it the mandatory couple of years and guarantee you'll see one. I am wondering if the 'Cats are planning on doing another NASCAR Night?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Give it the mandatory couple of years and guarantee you'll see one. I am wondering if the 'Cats are planning on doing another NASCAR Night?

yessir they are...and yeah i would bet an orange alternate will be in the works.

also, i agree thmst30...they need to adopt that one as the primary mark.

Bobcats - It's kind of sad when you need a uniform change just a few years after coming into the league. I don't like the pinstripes at all.

Mavs - No, thanks.

Rockets - I don't really like the shadowing of the letters, but I think they did a good job tying in the past with the present. Overall it's a pretty nice jersey I think.

Sixers - I am really disappointed with what they did with the new jerseys. I wish they'd just go with the retro ones instead of redesigning, I really like those "Phila" jerseys. I'm pretty bummed with the outcome.

i26h03.jpg

At the moment my least favorite of all the changes is the Rockets alternate (not that its really a change in that case- something completely new in that case). I really don't think the Mavs have done as badly as some other seem to, the Sixers are ok, and the Bobcats are the standout change for my liking. The Rockets alt just looks, I dunno, rushed.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Little late to the game on this one, I know, but put me in the camp of those who really like the Bobcats' new duds. They're crisp and clean, they've lost the odd receding wordmarks and the big chunky side panels, they have a novel (but not overly gimmicky) striping pattern, and they bring back pinstripes to Charlotte for a bit of nostalgia. If only they had kept orange as dominant over blue, these would be a perfect change.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived