NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity do we know this year's Hardwood Classic jerseys? I have heard the Jazz might be breaking out the early 80's green jerseys. Portland with the '77 uniforms. Anything else? It always seems that Golden State, Washington and Cleveland have something each year.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

The Warriors will change their entire set for next season.

By now others were waiting to have a quick chat and so my last question to him was with regards to the whole GSW image/logo and is it changing/

He confirmed that yes, the image of the club was had been considered to be changed for this year but it has been agreed to pushed back to the 2010/2011 season when a new image/logo/uniforms will be presented. However, ever the salesman... he stated that this should not stop anyone from buying anything this year! he said with a sly grin!

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2009/9/24/1052912/the-san-quentin-jailbreak-with

rocketsCBSig.gif

My opinion:

Sixers: Look too much like Clippers. I would have been fine with the design but with the colors from the iverson era instead

Bobcats: Minus the colors, they look too much like the Pacers. Everytime I see their Nascar jerseys I think of Rally's/Checkers.

Mavericks: Looks like the Grizzlies and Jazz moved to Orlando to become the Magic and this is what their jerseys would look like... Too much Orlando with hints of Utah and Memphis

Warriors: I thought the Thunder did a great job keeping their uniforms and logo from looking like the Warriors identity (the only thing they did right). It made me feel a little bit better about the team not going with Brown, Orange, Red, and/or Black. But, with the rumors out there as to what the Warriors may look like in 2010, I'm starting to think they may end up looking like each other.

Out of curiosity do we know this year's Hardwood Classic jerseys? I have heard the Jazz might be breaking out the early 80's green jerseys. Portland with the '77 uniforms. Anything else? It always seems that Golden State, Washington and Cleveland have something each year.

The Cavs will be having 5 HC nights where they'll use a different jersey from their past. IIRC, the only ones they've not worn in the past have been the 80-83 set (horizontal stripes across the chest, metallic gold home) and any of the sets from 94 - 03.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Clippers wore Braves throwbacks (hopefully the blue ones) to celebrate their 40th season. Hell, they might as well retire McAdoo's number too, that's been a long time coming.

It's also the Mavs' 30th season, so we might see some sort of throwback from them.

The Pistons have dropped their alternate red jersey, per the team's official website.

Ron (Wixom, Mich.): Will the Pistons ever go back to the Bad Boys era jerseys? I prefer the classic ?block? style front over the current style. If not, why don?t they wear them as alternate ?throwbacks? from time to time?

Langlois: For this season, Ron, the Pistons will wear only their home whites and their road blues. Beyond that, there are no plans yet determined.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/chat_mailbox/mailbag_090928.html

I'm a little surprised to see it go. It was pretty popular here in metro Detroit, it won a fan poll at one point as the favorite of three.

Here's the Hardwood Classics list I have:

• Cleveland Cavaliers - 1988-1989 Road
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - 1989-1990 Road
  • Orlando Magic - 1989-1990 Road
  • Portland Trail Blazers - 1976-1977 Road
  • San Francisco Warriors - 1963-1964 Home
  • Toronto Huskies - 1946-1947 Home
  • Utah Jazz - 1979-1980 Road

Is the Jazz 1980 road purple or 1983 road green jerseys? Because, I've heard the Jazz will be wearing the 1983 green jerseys.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Orlando again???? How many time they gonna wear the old pinstrip throwbacks

Is the Jazz 1980 road purple or 1983 road green jerseys? Because, I've heard the Jazz will be wearing the 1983 green jerseys.

The dates I have could be wrong. I'm assuming that they'll be the 1983 Green roads as well.

The dates I have could be wrong. I'm assuming that they'll be the 1983 Green roads as well.

It?s the green. I have some friends, no to mention a brother who works for the Jazz and they?ve all confirmed it?s the green aways.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Nah. Lakers-Celtics-Bulls is a hard trifecta to top. Even the Cavaliers' uniforms, the normal home and road ones that they sometimes remember to wear, are upper echelon.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The design is typical 2000s fare, with various lines and shapes and swooshes placed here and there. Typically, when colors become strongly associated with a team, you should keep those colors, at least stay close to them (Seahawks). Bold stance, I know.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived