NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like those Huskies uniforms, TBH, and the Raptors being in Toronto is probably the only thing keeping me interested in the NBA.

lol, well you're a Leaf fan & probably a puckhead, so why you're talking about basketball at all is beyond me.

I, for one, think the "ATL" thing is ridiculous. It's as if "ANTA" is continued on the back.

Agreed. This and Phoenix's PHX need to go.

Not sure why its so "ridiculous". The airport city codes for those cities are:

Atlanta - ATL

Phoenix - PHX

http://www.triptactics.com/USairportcodes.htm

Makes total sense to me and I personally think it works quite nicely. Lets think outside the box here for a second. It doesn't have to be all spelled out for us :)

I, for one, think the "ATL" thing is ridiculous. It's as if "ANTA" is continued on the back.

Atlanta - ATL

Phoenix - PHX

http://www.triptactics.com/USairportcodes.htm

Makes total sense to me and I personally think it works quite nicely. Lets think outside the box here for a second. It doesn't have to be all spelled out for us :)

I would love to see the raptors rock yyz.... a rush tribute night?

Atlanta - ATL

Phoenix - PHX

Who cares? Teams neither play for, nor at, airports. It's ugly. Spell it out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey guys, so I'm watching the Mavs/Hornets game right now and I notice theres a "C" on the right chest of Chris Paul's jersey... I know he's the captain but has this been done before? It seems very odd on a basketball jersey... Sorry if this has been covered in this thread somewhere..

Netherlands.png

Credit lost_limey

Hey guys, so I'm watching the Mavs/Hornets game right now and I notice theres a "C" on the right chest of Chris Paul's jersey... I know he's the captain but has this been done before? It seems very odd on a basketball jersey... Sorry if this has been covered in this thread somewhere..

It's not new, it's just not consistent among teams in the NBA. It seems as though some teams do for a season or so, leave it, come back, etc. As far them on NOLA's jerseys, I haven't seen it before this season.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Haven't seen the "C" in the NBA for a few years. Like jhans said, it's never been consistent amongst teams.

Been searching through my Hornets photos and I've not found any evidence of them using the "C" before, even going back to the Charlotte days, but I'm damn sure that at least one player's worn it in the past, if only for a game or two (I'm thinking LJ back around 1993-94ish). I'll keep searching...

Hornets Mardi Gras jersey unveiling:

Join us at Mardi Gras World on Wed, Nov. 18, when we unveil a special Hornets uniform

The Hornets would like to invite YOU to a special press conference where we will announce a special uniform unveiling:

What: Hornets special uniform unveiling press conference

When: Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009, 3:00pm

Where: Mardi Gras World (East Bank Location)

We can't wait to share this exciting news with you! This event will include refreshments and appearances by Julian Wright, Darren Collison, Hugo and the Honeybees. We hope to see you next Wednesday!

I dare someone to post it!

Well, since about half of the people on this board have access to the NBA logo site, I'm sure about half the board now has them as of today!

Posted Image

I mean, if it's up on the site, wouldn't it technically be alright for the image to be posted. I always thought if it's on the site, the league has made it available to the media and they can use it whenever.

Anyway, I hope it isn't actually a secondary road uniform, too funky to be one IMO.

I dare someone to post it!

Well, since about half of the people on this board have access to the NBA logo site, I'm sure about half the board now has them as of today!

tongue.gif

Well now we know where you get your information. ;)

EDIT: On second thought, maybe I?ll play it safe.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived